Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

turkey scopes.

Go with a red dot scope. No matter how you have your head, if that dot is on the turkey you are going to hit it! Where as with open sights you have to have your head just how you had it when you sighted it in or in most cases you will miss the bird. The red dot scopes work great for turkey because of your limited movement with there great eyesight. Just my thoughts!! BowHunt'nFool

I agree with "The Fool" I use a bushnell holo sight, it's basically the same.

those are a little out of my price range. I would like to have one, but i couldn't afford it. I was looking more towards simmons, or tasco. Any turkey scope with cross hairs.

I have a Simons 1.5-5 variable shotgun scope (which might seem obvious, but if you're not familiar with scopes it has a different parallex setting than a rifle scope, also longer eye relief so you're less likely to get "ringed") on the gun I use for turkey and deer. Not exactly a Leupold, would very much notice the difference in low light, but also costs MUCH less than Leupold, Nikon, holo, or other higher quality glass. It's been easily good enough to kill numerous turkeys, including my son's first turkey and first two shotgun deer. Have taken reluctant turkeys out to 40 yards, won't intentionally shoot at any farther, and deer to nearly 100. It's a scope that I would recommend if one needs to watch the budget a bit. Maybe you can upgrade later if/when you have more money, or maybe you'll never feel the need to.

Jason,
I've seen the red dot scopes at Walmart and Dunhams for $39.99. I've also seen them in Cabela's and Cheaperthandirt.com's catalogs at that price. BSA and I believe Simmons are the manufactures. These are good scopes for a shotgun as they withstand the shock unlike a lot of rifle scopes. I've even seen them mounted on the slide of a 44 mag. If that doesn't knock them off site a shotgun sure as hell won't.

I would say you should use a red dot scope as
BowHunt'nFool said where ever the dot is on the bird you'll probably hit it

Top Bottom