Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

turkeys from a tree?

jaybeee

Has anyone shot and killed a turkey from your deer stand,and how hard was it ? I know the higher you are ,the tougher the shot.
grin.gif
wavey.gif

you better have a good cover because they will spot you far faster then deer.they must be on the lookout for hawks.a friend told me he seen on tv a hawk had a young turkey and two growned hens chased the hawk away.
GOOD LUCK

never shot one but i've had tons of them walk right under me while deer hunting. i suppose as soon as i would buy a fall tag they'd start seeing me and not coming close. i think it'd work fine since the birds are all youngsters and are super stupid, they'd think you're the biggest damn squirrel they've ever seen. good luck!

I've taken two and missed a dozen and spooked a hundred more, They are so stinkin' hard to draw on out of a tree stand. I think it's a bit easier to take them off the ground. Everything has to be just right. Perfect cover, perfect angle, the fewer in a flock the better, a bird with bad eyesight doesn't hurt either. Here in Mo. we get 2 deer and 2 turkey on our bow tags so we always keep an arrow we don't mind burying into the rocks handy. The best way to take a turkey from a tree is to have one of those "Rambo"
rambo.gif
exploding broadheads in your quiver.
burst_em8.gif
Yep, that would do the trick!

Very tough to get drawn on one! Got lucky and killed one a couple of years ago.

Killed one back in '98 with my longbow from the tree, two hours later killed a deer from the same stand. Will be a day i won't soon forget!

I have done it, but I still think it is impossible.

Pheasants are just as tough.

Muddy, the tag makes all the difference. Believe me, I eat more fall tags than fall turkeys. But it is a blast to try them from a stand.

I've been able to take one from a tree stand. It was a shingle oak and they hold their leaves through the winter. Funny part of the situation was that I shot over an 8 point buck to get the turkey with a Mathews Q-2. It shot so quiet that the buck never new what was going on.

Like others said, the tough part is getting the shot off without being spotted first.

Personally I think pheasants are even more difficult than turkey. I've never even been able to draw on one.

Top Bottom