Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turnips going to seed

Fishbonker

Life Member
Some of the turnips the deer didn't eat have sprouted and are blooming. Being the skin flint that I am, how long do you think it will take for the flowers to mature into seeds? Any clues on harvesting the seeds?

The 'Bonker

???? I dont know but I would like to get rid of mine now.My clovcer looks great and I just want the old atom bomb uneaten turnips gone.
mine have yellow flowers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being the skin flint that I am </div></div>
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Not sure on harvesting brassica seed Bonker...have you got the combine tuned up? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being the skin flint that I am </div></div>
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Not sure on harvesting brassica seed Bonker...have you got the combine tuned up? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

She's dyno tuned and ready to race.

My turnips have little yellow flowers too.

The 'Bonker

Ours are growing over too. Too bad it doesn't matter. That plot will be winter wheat and peas this fall.

Top Bottom