Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Up a Tree without a toilet !

Rackaddict

Life Member
My biggest problem with staying in a tree all day is the need for a urinal. I have taken 1/2 gallon milk jugs to my stand with me to use in the past but I have wished for a better solution. I know Muddy says he makes a "scrape" of his own with good results but I don't have the nerve to try it yet. I have seen some products out designed to kill your scent and contain your urine while your in your stand. Anyone have any great ideas?
confused.gif

I to have had the problem of what to do with my urine while stand hunting. Took a small plastic milk bottle with me for a number of years, but it was to noisey. My urinal is now a rubber water bottle/heating pad. It is relatively flat-doesn't take up much room in the day pack, and is very quiet. I know a die in the woods bow-hunter who self catherizes to a leg bag once he gets on stand, but I guess I am just not that deicated, certainly not into self induced pain in that area any way. Then I know another hunter who just stands up and urinates on the ground below his stand. And I must say he does have some very nice heads on his wall, so perhaps I have been doing it the hard way. I have urninated into scrapes and found that they have been freshened the following day, so perhaps this business of worrying about urine is all for nothing. After all I do know that using soiled tampons or kotex will attract bucks during the rut so go figure................

If you have to go, just go!

The last thing I need is one more piece of junk to carry around.

When the challenge is gone, the hunt is gone.

The main thing is to have fun and be safe.

There is no greater joy than taking a whiz from 20 feet, I think Benjamin Franklin said that, or maybe Frank Zappa, anyway, just let 'er fly. If you still have doubts check out Buck Fever Synthetics web site. Basically, in nature, whiz is whiz. Kidneys do the same thing in all mammals. Later.

I took a whiz out of a treestand and just about laughed out loud watching the squirrel.looking around trying to figure it out what the heck was that coming from.Also, I have a friend that says its a mortal sin to piss in the woods.We went hunting togethervand I pissed out of my stand and a little later on I had great deer action.When meeting back at the truck I asked my friend"see any" he said not a one.I said "you should have pissed out of your stand".

I whiz from my tree sometimes. But if I really have to go and I'm in one of my better spots, I'll just sneak down..go about a hundred yards and whiz somewhere less sensitive...maybe even in a nearby creek. I did that last year and five minutes after getting back in my stand, I shot my buck.

Speaking of taking a whiz from your high places, I remember way back in high school we went on a geology field trip that happened to visit a five-story high fire tower. A few of us guys hung back as the teachers and most students headed back to the bus. When they were out of sight, five of us whizzed off the tower. Sometimes us guys are amused by such simple things.

Top Bottom