Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Updating Your Profile ( Members Only )

G

It has come to our attention that we need to ask everyone who is a "Member" to update there profile. This information will help us get to know our members better and also help eliminate "anonymous posting" from people trying to stir up the site and create problems.

UpdateProfile

This information will be required to be a member of this Conference. In 30 days we will be checking each members information for accuracy. We hope you understand how important this is to making this Conference a better experience for all.

Iowa Whitetail Community

Tony,
How do we send members an email. I have made my email available but it does not show up on my profile. Are private messages possible on this forum? Just curious and is the signature option going to become functional?

Just a couple of questions I was wondering about...

Great job, this forum has become one of the best!

Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken

Limb,

We can make e-mail addresses visable but have been careful not to disclose. Most members said awhile back they didn't want to be solicited.

Again, the cure would be to make the site "Member Only" and then we would all be on the same page. We would know one another and not just anyone could view our information or post's, photo's, etc.

We will turn on the signature function right now, thanks.

10-4!
I guess I was referring to a private message system like they have at the Duckhunters Refuge where you can send a private message as long as you have a password and login. That takes care of all the other garbage... I am not sure whether this version of the UBB has that capability. Here is the URL to what I am talking about. Or may be it could just be visible in the memebers only conference. Just an idea. Here is the URL to the board I am talking about if you are interested.
http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/index.php

also if you do go to a subscriber based board let me know the cost I am in like a bitin sow!
------------------
Limbchicken.com

[This message has been edited by Limb Chicken (edited 02-19-2002).]

I don't think he's related to road chicken , but someone did refer to him as some other kind of chicken on another site, ( I believe it was a typo) it was a howl and Limb took it all in stride.......good sport! Iowawhitetail , I am very computer ignorant, I updated my proflie but have no idea what an ICQ Number is and what is the signature option and how does it work ? Like I said very computer ignert.

Steve

TLH When do you go from being a junior member to being a member? Is it related to number of posts? Thanx

Limb,

Gottcha, sorry we didn't respond to the "Private Message" question.

As far as a software update, I have been looking at vBulletin Board on HuntChat.com and I do like it's look and options.

Let's talk some more on this topic, your ideas as well as others are very important to me.

TLH

tracker,
no road chicken but am a distant relative to the ditch parrot... glad to see you aboard!

Bobcat,
I am still trying to figure out whether that was a typo or not but in any case it was funny. I don't get too bent out of shape about much anymore, life is too short and I am getting older.

sam,
I believe it is post related not sure how many though. Good to see you in here as well. Welcome.

TLH,
I was just thinking out loud (on the keyboard). I really think the strength of this board is the main conferences your getting your traffic through there (my guess). But, there is nothing wrong with keeping that free and for those that want to support the site, making a subscription based area that would maybe contain articles written by some of the members. I for one would like to read an article by Old Buck that goes a little deeper into his art... I think we have enough guys with different experiences to make some interesting reads... Line twelve fellas up to write and let them know what month they have and see how it works and if there is more interested great. You then have two sources of revenue one from the banner ads and one from the subscriptions. Just some thoughts. I will email you on some more I have...

------------------
Limbchicken.com

Limb Chicken, Like the photo album. The wife just bought me a digital cam cord for x-mas and I am going to start an album this year as well. Have one started with scanned photos but from what I have seen with the digital are allot better and they eliminate the scanner section of it all.

Anyway good Hunting and Fishing. Looks like you do a bit of walleye fishing. If you are ever looking to score a big girl (walleye) look me up and I will take you out up in the La Crosse/Genoa area and see what we can do. Best to date is a 28" 9lb 14oz from the river (CPRed) and a 32" 11lb 13oz from Canada that I had to put on the wall. Never see a fish that big in the river I feel. Might have one shorted and fatter in the spring but not 32". It will be the only walleye that big I ever kill. The rest are replicas.

Have a good one!

OLETOM

I moved this topic over to "Members Only" let's continue our discussions in there.

TLH, Founder/Owner - iowawhitetail.com -

Top Bottom