Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vane selection

jharrell

I currently shoot carbon arrows with 4" vanes. I am thinking about re-fletching with 3" or possibly the 2" Bohning Blazer Broadhead Vanes. I would like to know what you guys think.

I had some arrows re-flecthed with the new "QuickSpin" vanes by NAP and I really like them. They fly great with both mechanicals and fixed blades. They are a little pricey though. I know that dont help you because you are wanting to go to a shorter vane but I thought you might give them a look. They are suppose to increase the arrow spin by 300%.

with a fixed broadhead i think you'd want to stick with 4 inch feathers/vanes, gives you much more stability. the extra little bit of speed you get from smaller fletchings aint worth it in my opinion as i tried it once and my arrow flight just went all to hell.

a expandable you might be able to get away with it though. all in all muddy's opinion on the matter doesn't change and i say stick with the 4 inchers.

Chrs, I'm shooting 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy's and using a drop away rest.

Thanks Dirtball. I'll take a look at them. My understanding on those is that the extra spin makes them fly faster or better? Is that the case?

the quickspins fly a little slower, but the extra spin they put on the arrow makes them more steady in fligt=accuracy

T-roy,I am gonna shoot Quick spins too.Alot of the folks I shoot with have them and they agree as well.the flight and accuracy and flight are incredible.

If you want stability and accuracy, then go with some flu-flu's!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If you want stability and accuracy, then go with some flu-flu's!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
You just ain't right Supertec.
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Headgear,

I've been a die hard helical feathers shooter forever. Last fall I needed a dozen arrows while preparing for a fall bear hunt. Went to the local archery shop and picked up the 2317's, but they only had 4" vanes (straight) ready at the time. I took them, and they shot OK most of the time, but seemed to be badly affected by wind...even just a light to moderate levels. This summer I took the time to replace them all with the 4" helical feathers, and the difference in arrow stability is dramatic. For my 2 cents, I'll not shoot vanes again. Good luck!

NWBuck

Top Bottom