Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE

F

fitzt

I have hours of video I would like to convert into something enjoyable to watch.
I have a Sony TRV-530 Digital-8 camera.
Is there anyone out there that has any recommendations for video editing software.

User friendly, and resonable priced.

Fitzt,

I'd contact Sony or check the booklet that comes with the camera that no one ever reads. I bought a Canon digital ZR 20 last year. In all the paperwork I found a card to send in for free editing software, I figured what the hey.

I edit tape on my computer using software made by Digital Origin called Intro DV. It's pretty slick and even though I edited videotape in a former life, I think its pretty user friendly for anyone without experience. Just had to install it from the CD, plug the camera into the computer using a Firewire 1394 cable ($14 - from Dell, Best Buy wanted $40) and I was ready to go. My computer already had a firewire port, but they sent me one of those free that I didn't need.

For capturing stills from video I use Adobe Photo Deluxe, very user friendly also.

Again this software was all free when I sent in the card after I bought the camera, so I don't know about costs.

Good luck

One quick question...what kind of computer do you have? (Mac or PC)

I have a PC, dude I got a Dell
wink.gif

Check out Ulead Software. It's the software that I have used to do some video stuff. Also...check out Adobe Premiere. Ulead is probably the cheaper way to go. But they will both cost some $$$.

Fitz

Have you got a way to get it from tape to your PC?

I have a ATI All in Wonder Pro video card that I plug my camcorder into and it brings video into my PC. Then I can edit it and output to a VCR and record it.

Lots of software out there but you need the video capture board as well.

Hello guys. New member here from MN and here's my question: I'm interested in a digital camcorder and video editing software. Would any of you who do this regularly be willing to share a phone call so I can bounce some ideas off of you? Email me at [email protected] Thanks.

One question that you need to ask your self, is how much money are you willing to spend?

Question added????

Have anybody else out there bought the 2X conversion lens for there cameras?
And were you happy with what you got for extending your distance?

fitzt,

A good 'optical' video extender will not hurt your video footage (digital extenders degrade the image as the power increases). Do remember that it takes more light to get quality video footage when using the extender. You will probably lose an additional 10 to 15 minutes of video time in the morning and evening during the low light conditions.

DO NOT get a digital extender! All a digital extender will do is pixelate your images. Confused? Try this: open any photo you have saved for whatever reason. Keep magnifying the view bigger and bigger and bigger. it won't take long for your image to be nothing but large colored squares. This is pixelating and that is all a digital extender does, it makes the pixels larger and the video more difficult to see.

As for software, Best Buy has several video editing software packages available, from $99 on up. I do a lot of video editing for my job and I can't say enough about Macs, but then I'm doing stuff that most people would never be doing for "home use".

Nate W.

I'm going to take advantage of the chance to pick the brain of another Mac user. Maybe you can help me out...I recently purchased a new iMac and an HP PSC. My problem is I'm having a hard time editing the photos once I've scanned them in. Does my iMac have a bundled graphics program to crop, resize, etc. ? If so, what is it and do I access it ? Any help you can provide would be great. You can email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

NWBuck

Top Bottom