Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Waterwolf

SaskGuy

Battled some brutal weather this weekend in an attempt to trick some shallow water pike after the spawn. Eyelets were freezing up, as were the hands. Weather was moreof a foe than a friend but we still managed to coax some pretty lethargic fish into hitting. Nightime temps were way below freezing and daytime ones were not much more pleasent. Here is the best one of the weekend for me. Sure wouldbe nice to be retired..I'd play the waiting game and be into these things all day long when the conditions are perfect.
piker.jpg

Congrats!

Looking at your pike on IW is probably about as close as I'll ever get to a fish like that.

What is the largest one you have caught up there

Out of the particular lake, this one, it was a fall fish.
hawg.jpg

What do you guys throw at those things up there?

Really big cranks or big bucktails, this early in the year it's slow moving cranks, a fot long if you can get them that big, you can see the tail end of a 10"er poking from the side of the mouth on the one from this weekend. Barbless makes the removal of them from very large toothy mouths a bit less painful.

Wow thats crazy. Those fish are monsters. I can't imagine how big of a rush you had fighting that one in the second picture. How long and how much did that second one weigh?

Top Bottom