Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Welder recommendations for farm repairs??

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all- im not a great welder but I can spend the time to get decent. Used to weld some in high school & remember doing fairly legit job. Dunno if dude with my experience would be better off with stick welding or wire fed? Probably have both options I assume? I do have a 220 outlet.
All I’d be doing is stuff like implement repair. Basic fabrication. Some of the implements are pretty big so it would need to be a legit welder. An example would be: say the hydraulics that raise & lower an implement with the cylinder. Where that connects- stuff like that breaks on occasion or needs beefed up. Or I’ll weld a hitch to an implement. Stuff like that. Maybe 1/8” to 1/2” stuff if im totally guessing.

Let’s say I used it 6-10 times a year for an hour here & there. Don’t need extreme crazy expensive but I’ll spend what I need to.

What all would I buy? Assume get set up with tanks and also get a torch.
Any specifics, links or tips appreciated. Or if I should look at used stuff - lemme know too.
Thx!!!

If your able to bring implements into building then wire for sure if outside wire can be a bitch if its breezy trying to keep gas on the weld ! Just 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Running Flux core outside is the easiest. I just keep a 3# roll on hand. Reverse polarity quick and your ready to weld.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Farm implements are big enough that you will probably be forced to weld vertically a fair amount. MIG welders handle that better. They are more expensive, but a much more versatile tool.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom