Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wet Feathers

Jethro

What do you guys do or heard of for keeping feathers dry in this weather? I know some of you guys will say switch to vanes, but i like shooting feathers and everything is shooting so good i hate to change. Thanks and good luck!!

Don't switch to vanes....... feathers are more forgiving and just plain shoot better...... I purchased a powder from Three Rivers Archery that coats the feathers and is scent-free and is suppose to last for close to a year..... it is applied by placing feathered end in plastic bag and shaking up the powder....... seems to work great...... sorry I don't have the name of the stuff at this time because I am at work...... go to the Three Rivers website, I bet that they have it there.........

Cornfed, the powder you are talking about, is it Bohning Feather Powder like they have in the Cabela's archery catalog? I also talked to a guy that said there is a liquid silicone that you can use on them that work pretty good but i've never seen it before.

I use the bohning, any brand will work. They work good enough to let the feather do what it needs to do. The feathers may be a little matted down afterwards. A simple fix to this is to boil some water and once your feathers are dry hold them over the steam and they will go back into original shape, works like a charm. I also saw that whisker bisket sells a product(spray can) that totes that it is for their arrow rest as well as feathers. I have never tried it but it may work.

10PTBKM,

I have a Cabelas here at the office...... the picture looks different but I am sure that it is the same thing....... I don't like the liquid water proofers that I have seen (they smell)...... if you get the powder I highly recommend applying it outside
grin.gif
...... the stuff is so fine that it spreads a mile........

Iv'e tried a number of products. I think the powders have shown me the best results. Just do not inhale them. (speaking from experience)

The best solution is not to get them wet to begin with. Stay home when it's raining
wink.gif

Good luck & be safe!

I spray mine right after I fletch them with a spray silacone let dry overnight spray again let dry for a couple of days smell is gone have some arrows that are three yrs old and still seem to repel water
rockband.gif

Top Bottom