Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What about deer decoys

B

bentarrow

Anyone use and have luck with decoys? I was kicking around the idea of trying one this year, but not sure if it's just a gimmick. Do you wait til late Oct / early Nov to bring it out?

I use deer decoys for my hunts. In Iowa decoys are only legal for Archery Season. I have had a lot of luck with using decoys and will always use them. I have mine set up with a tarsal gland attached to the tarsal area. I ahve avideo of a nice 10 point buck that I rattled and grunted in that tore the living snt out of my decoy.

I rattled this buck in, grunted a few times, and this buck jumped the fence, noticed my decoy, grunted and stommped its front hoof a few times, then slowly appraoched the decoy. This buck circled my decoy twice, stopped, let out a huge grunt and raised to his hind legs and stomped, gored, and beat the living crap out of this decoy. The whole thing lasted about 2 minutes. After the destruction of my decoy, a few tears from me, the buck stopped turned broadside to me, giving me a perfect 15 yard shot from my stand. He hangs proudly on my wall and my decoy went to the great decoy heaven in the sky...

They work! The buck on my avatar-FOOLED completely! The old saying "PUS#% makes you stupid!" goes for males of all species!!
grin.gif

Top Bottom