Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What decoys to use 2nd season?

wapsiguy said:
To each his own. If you don't like DSD don't use them. Pretty simple if you ask me.

I would bet the majority of the people (not all) making negative comments about them probley own $1000.00 bows or maybe a $40,000 truck.

In other words BITE ME!

I have nothing against them at all. I'm just amazed at how defensive guys are of them.

I think what it is.. if you hear people that have hunted birds and have come up from using a foam or 2-D decoy over the years, saw the response to them, good or bad! Kinda know! Let's face it! I know what a real hen/Tom look like! I'm guessing the real boy's do also!! Everybody here knows you can kill a bird with no decoy!! You can cut a bird out of cardboard use it for a decoy and kill a bird! If you listen to the people on here that have done all that. and they tell you that Mr. Smiths decoys bump it up a little, whats the problem????? If it works and I can afford it! I'll use it!! If I can't ..I won't!! I'll just wish I could!!!!!!!! :way:

As much as D$D's cost, id probably be defensive of them too, haha.. I like it better decoyless.. less un-neccessary sh*t I have to carry around

Appreciate all the comments. Current plan is to get in close to the roost way back in the river bottom with the blind and no dekes or maybe just the old foam jake. Then again, i've got a few more hours to decide how much stuff I want to carry. :D

Good luck to all those going out this weekend and congrats to all those who have already filled their tags.

With all the DSD talk this off season, I thought you could put one anywhere, even a busy intersection in the city and gobblers would run in. huh:confused:

Did you not watch Limbs or my videos.

It wasnt a intersection and I wouldnt say they were running into the spread but they came in:way::way::D

To each his own:drink2:

Crockett said:
I think what it is.. if you hear people that have hunted birds and have come up from using a foam or 2-D decoy over the years, saw the response to them, good or bad! Kinda know! Let's face it! I know what a real hen/Tom look like! I'm guessing the real boy's do also!! Everybody here knows you can kill a bird with no decoy!! You can cut a bird out of cardboard use it for a decoy and kill a bird! If you listen to the people on here that have done all that. and they tell you that Mr. Smiths decoys bump it up a little, whats the problem????? If it works and I can afford it! I'll use it!! If I can't ..I won't!! I'll just wish I could!!!!!!!! :way:

I agree, well said

Top Bottom