Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What size serving do you use?

F

firedog

I've recently learned how to do center servings on compound bows, but I'm not sure what diameter of string to use. It looks like there are 3 sizes, .18, .21 & .25 or something like that. What advantage or disadvantage does putting a thinner or fatter thread on you string do?

What nock are you shooting? I shoot a G nock and have used the .018 and the .022 in the Crown Serving made by Brownell. I like the slightly thicker stuff on my hunting bow.

Thanks Rudd, I'm shooting the Easton Super Nock and also some of the gold Tip nocks. Does the thicker stuff hinder the arrow when it comes off? In other words can I put too thick of serving on. What's the advantage of the .018?

Your exactly right. It's all about the snap fit and how snug you want it. With the super nocks you should be able to go with the slightly thicker stuff. I prefer a little snugger fit than most like, either will work just fine with both nocks you shoot.

Thanks Rudd, that's what I'll go with then.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom