Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What to plant

cabeman12

Hey guys need some advice on what to plant for my two staging food plots this year, they will be in the woods near a spring fed creek with GREAT soil and about 5 hours of sunlight. They are in route to my destination plot of clover. I planted brassicas last year and the deer didn't touch them until February . Any advice is appreciated!!

cabeman12 said:
Hey guys need some advice on what to plant for my two staging food plots this year, they will be in the woods near a spring fed creek with GREAT soil and about 5 hours of sunlight. They are in route to my destination plot of clover. I planted brassicas last year and the deer didn't touch them until February . Any advice is appreciated!!

I would plant clover in the plots located in the woods. Along with the clover, this fall plant dbltree's winter rye mix and you should be set. I would also consider maybe planting your large plot in strips of clover/brassicas (1/2 and 1/2) instead of just straight clover. This way you will have year round food in the plot.

Top Bottom