Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What Trail Camera should I buy?

S

SmokingArrow

I have read a little about trail cameras but I want your feedback on what trail camera you have tried or what you would recommend. I am straddling the fence on wether or not to go with a digital or the 35 mm camera. I have heard that the digital can pay for itself in time so if you know of any more affordable types in digital then let me know. 35mm? Just give me any feedback on trail cameras that you can. Thanks.

I would definatly buy a digital. They do cost more, but will pay for themselves in no time. If you wanted to build your own check out www.hagshouse.com for all the details.

You will get a big Go Digital from me!
grin.gif

If you use your camera much at all the price difference will take care of itself rapidly.

Talk to Vman he built a great one for me. I have taken over 3000 pictures this year! If that was film it would have cost aprox at .20 cent a pic with film would have been over $600. Plus gas and time, with a digital there is no wait time just swap memory cards or plug it into your PC for instant pics.

Just in case you are not mechanically/electronically minded, or just want to take the easy way to a digital. You may want to consider one of the top three. 1) Camtracker..,($750.00) very good camera, high quality, user friendly, good battery life. 2) TrailMac.., ($550.00)easy to use, tremendous battery life(900 pics on one battery set), light weight and very good quality. 3) Leaf River.., ($280-350.00)I personally don't know much about these but have been hearing some very good reports from the southern boys using them in -10F weather. You'll want a camera that can withstand the cold, some shut down at +20F,.I personally want mine to work at minus 10-15 F. Up hear in northern Minnesota, if it won't work at these temps, it doesn't do me much good. Maybe cold temps arn't a consideration where you are at. Right now its 28 below zero and falling. I have my TrailMac out and will check it tomorrow, maybe change batteries. Hope its working.

Go digital and do your home work. I am going to build my first. As Vman suggested check out Haggshouse for a while and you'll again a much better understanding of all the considerations. Vman's cameras have always been first rate and fairly priced. I'd buy one right there if he is still in the bussiness of making a few to sell.

Top Bottom