Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

When does your season start?

H

huntress

The season here in New York runs from May 1-31 with a 2 bird limit and we are only allowed to shoot 1 bird a day
rolleyes.gif
How long do you guys have to wait?

We have four seasons:

Spring Season 1 - April 14 - 17
Spring Season 2 (IA residents only) - April 18 - 22
Spring Season 3 - April 23 - 29
Spring Season 4 - April 30 - May 18

Limit is one bird per season and residents can hunt two season as long as one of them is 4th season. There are also some zone restrictions. Bow only license is good for all four seasons. Other licenses are bow/gun combo, but if you buy a bow only, you can't buy the combo. Go figure.

We also have a fall season that roughly coincides with bow season for deer.

I'm already getting antsy! Talked to a friend of mine who was in sourthern Iowa over the weekend and saw birds everywhere .... including a flock of over 100.

BTW, welcome to the forum. It's nice to have a woman join us!!

Can't wait for second season.....going to head out with my regular college buddies and hopefully get some big birds. Then I think I head home and hunt fourth season, or possibly Missouri. Can almost hear those toms gobbling............

Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

I drew tags for 4th and 6th season here in WI. Which means I don't get to hunt until May 7th... I think. Then again 2 weeks later. Seasons run from Wed-Sun. Only get 5 days so have to make the best of it. I do have several people who I am going to go out and call for and try to get them their first bird. The one guy I had 2 big gobblers at 25 yards for 2 years ago and he never shot!!!!!! He claimed they were 40+ yards away. After they got spooked and flew off I paced it off for him!
wstupid.gif
Guess getting them to 25 yards was not enough for him... wanted me to shoot too....
rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom