Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where can I find military cold weather boots.

River1

I believe they called them Micky Mouse boots. They are all black and have air bladders for insulation.

I'm looking for the real thing. Quality boots, are they still available?

I know the boots you're talking about, and even though they're a little hard to find, they're still out there. You might want to check some gun shows, or military surplus stores. Uncle Stan's in Marion might have them, and if he doesn't he could probably get you some. Just make sure that you get the ones with the air bladder in them, the aftermarket boots without the bladder aren't worth a hoot.

CRITR

The Sportsman's Guide Catalog and Internet company. $56.97, item number LX3P-21076X. Page 72 of their Christmas Catalog. 1-800-888-3006 or W3.sportsmansguide.com.

I have never done business with this company so I can't say anything in reguards to their service, quality, etc.

The 'Bonker

Skip the Mickey Mouse boots if it's not too late. Look up Buck Owens & see if he has any more Arctic Shield boot blankets left. I think he was selling them for $25 a pair. I've always gotten cold feet so I bought a pair & man do they work. On the really cold days slip a handwarmer in and your feet stay nice & toasty. Best investment I've ever made for cold weather gear. Maggs
beerchug.gif

that's weird, i tried them arctic shield thingys and my feet still were cold. that was just a few days ago too. maybe i have them on the wrong feet.
grin.gif

You are suppose to keep your boots on! Not wear them like house slippers!
30577-rotflmao1.gif

I will agree with Magg's on skipping the Mickey Mouse boots. I wore them in Korea many times THEY SUCK.
mickey mouse is right! With all the high tech boots out there don't rely on 1960's technology. Besides they are like strapping a P255 R16 to each foot.
Look @ page 196 in Cabela's X-Mas catalog Trans-Alaska @ 4.5 lbs per pair!

Hey Muddy, Did you have a long hike in where your feet were sweating? That's the only time my feet got cold in them & I slipped in a handwarmer and they were fine. Now I either take a handwarmer or a dry pair of socks and have had no trouble. That was always my #1 problem with winter ever since I was a kid too. I could never go anywhere without getting cold feet. To find something that solves the problem for me is like re-inventing the wheel! Maggs
PS:Don't tell me Scout was right & you took your boots off first?
jester.gif
evil.gif
893smileystooges-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom