Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where did my 4 3/8 inches go!

scout

I scored my buck, then had another unofficial clown like myself score my deer. We were 2/8" apart on final score. Wanting a Trophy Deer certificate from the state, I had an Official State scorer put the tape to it. I was a little shocked when it was over 4" less than expected!

The good news! An Official P&Y / B&C scorer has managed to relocate my 4 3/8 inches and even discover an 1/8 " that must have been hiding! Justice has been served! I guess I'll toss the State certificate when it arrives.

182 gross 174 4/8 net
beerchug.gif

How about that G6. On a quiet night you can still hear it growing!

Had about the same thing happen to me. Took my 197 greenscore deer to be officially scored in Chatfield and had some differences show up. Still managed a 187.6. Been thinking about taking up some classes myself on the fine art of scoring a deer.

I can see where that would be a problem with those Iowa bucks. They`re so stinking big that an even an experienced, official scorer gets confused. These Illinois milksuckers that I hunt are much easier to score.
wavey.gif

Sir,

I have been involved in this kind of thing a lot and can probably shed some insight into the situation.

Call me if you like . 515-689-4491

The certificate from the state can be reissued but getting it done properly takes jumping through a few hoops and I can help you get it done.

I'll take you up on that. I should let this first score run it's course first. I'll contact you when I get the P&Y results. Thanks for the help.

I shot a deer oct. 16 and kind of had a the same thing happen to me. After I shot it we had it greenscored at 190 6/8. It was 21" wide and the official score ended up being 189 1/8" with a inside spread of 19 6/8". When we measure it we still get 21". Just thought it was wierd.

Congratulations on the deer its a monster

Actually this is a little embarassing, but it's on the cover of Whitetail Fanatic Magazine for Feb. It's a magazine put out by Ted Nugent and has a local area in Guttenberg, although it covers 28 states and Canada. There's extra pictures and an article in it. I'll also see if I can figure out how to send some to this website. (I"m not real computer literalte)

Embarassing? Be proud! It's not everyday you shoot a buck of a lifetime and get an article written about it. Let alone getting the cover shot. Great buck! Congrats for the deer and the magazine story.
wavey.gif

Thanks, stingray

I'll keep my eyes open for the mag. How about you "scout" . Stingray that's awsome that you have an article about your trophy deer. I'll bet it's some story. The mass on that buck looks to be monsterous. What were the C measurements on him?

Typed too fast. Put out by Tom Fassbinder in Guttenberg and Ted N. puts an article in every month. Two places the mag is out is in strawberry point and edgewood, but will try to find out others. Anyway, back to the c Scores.

C1 6 4/8 C2 6 4/8 C3 6 2/8 C4 5 4/8.

Will be taking it down to the Whitetail Classic in March.

At the quick trip place by the Subway in Strawberry point and the Edgewood locker.

Hey: scout/ stingray

Do you guys have any profile shots of your Awsome bucks, that maybe you could share with us. I would love to see them, those are both some unbelievable trophy's.

nice job.

I seen this magazine at our local library and read it some,seem's like a neat mag with alot of Iowa stuff in it,maybe a diamond in the rough?
Anyway great buck's guy's no matter what the score sheet say's.

Thats a beautiful buck stingray. Any others to your credit? Talking about computer illiterate-how do you post a picture w/your name and member number?

no other big deers. Just hotmail though some picutres and he put it in. There were some picutres on the pma and I joined but I haven't gotten my password yet so I haven't a clue what is in there from November.

Top Bottom