Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where R U seeing deer/in timber or fieldedges

IowaBow

Kind of an informal poll, just wondering where everyone is having the best luck seeing deer right now.

Inside the timber or out along field edges or in fields?

So far this year my deer are coming out late, so my only opportunities to really see them are deeper inside the timber.

What's been your experiences so far...?

Jason

Have had 3 P+Y's in bow range since last Saturday. All have been in thick stuff 20 yards from fields or openings. Also a smaller buck same place and does and fawns. Saw a small buck running a doe last night. And no I've not gotten a shot yet. Passed on a iffy shot at a P+Y yesterday afternoon. Got in my tree hung my pack, pulled up my bow, unhooked it and hung the rope, looked up and saw the buck coming. Put in an arrow and drew. The buck stopped head on at 8 yards, then went back in the bushes and walked away. Had a 2 foot opening once but decided not to try it.

Had a friend kill a 175 net typ Monday morn in some really thick stuff.

Allamakee Grand Slam

I always, or most of the time see my biggest bucks in the thick stuff. Like the ones you are only lucky enough to see once a year. It is possible to see them anywhere , especially during the rut. Which is starting, NOW!!!!!!!!
SD Buck

Iv'e been seeing the good bucks in the thick stuff so far. Tonight I had 7 bucks moving around me between 3:30 and 5:30. 4 of them were 100" - 150" bucks.

Saw them moving around all night checking and making scrapes. I think they are getting the urge.

Top Bottom