Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which area is the best?

S

SCBowhunter

Which area of Iowa is consider the best for whitetails and why?

In another post I wrote about coming to Iowa and several guys offer help. With help of one guy I had all but settle on the northeast, but after studying the applications it seems as several hunters from Wisconsin apply for that unit,which with CWD situation there may require two years to draw a tag. I was considering a spring turkey/shed hunt and that same unit is also applied for a good bit. The Losses Hill that some of the guys mention seems to have the less applicants for some reason I guess less populated cities near by, I'm not sure.

I will probably in up in Northeast but would like to know your thought?

SouthernHunter
Each area of our state has some monster bucks.....both with their body size or anlter size. The NE area of Iowa holds some really big ones, so don't worry.....I bet you'll get a good crack at one....or at least see some real wall-hangers. No matter where you go in this great state of ours....you will run into some huge bucks....wheather it is on the steep river bluffs of NE Iowa or the open fields and grass waterways of some of our other "blank" areas. I hunt central Iowa and see some dandys every year. Southern Iowa is notorious for big bucks, too. The whole state is great.
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

hey there sc-hunter. i would guess there would be less wisconsin hunters than in the past. but i guess i don't know that for a fact. maybe blindsow would be able to give you some insight on that. A side benefit of not having as many wisconsin hunters here is we won't have to look at those packer flags hanging off their windows
beerchug.gif

GreenBay Packers RULE!
Can you say MVP for No 4 Brett Favre
Can you say SuperBowl here we come!
And by the way,Brett is also a bowhunter! God,Life is good!

farve is the man. best QB in the leage right now. it's the fans in wisconsin that are hard to swallow...........
kaboom_spawn.gif

GO EMMITT

Top Bottom