Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Which bow to buy under $400

B

bentarrow

My brother wants/needs to buy a new bow but needs to stay below $400 for the bare bow. Before we spend a bunch of time searching I'm looking for advice from anyone who's shooting bows in this price range. He's talked about the Browning F5 Tornado, the Reflex Buckskin and PSE Firestorm Lite. Any advice or suggestions? I'm shooting the BT Liberty, so my perception of decent shooting bows is a little warped now. That bow shoots great but is a little out of his range. Any advice would be appreciated.

There are a lot of nice bows for just under $400.Buckmaster 4000,Reflex line,brownings are nice,and of course my personal favorite the Fred Bear TRX
grin.gif
Just go to a shop and shoot some you will find you don't have to spend a wazzu of money to get a nice bow........

i will second the fred bear bows. also check ebay, i saw some brand new parkers on there for $300-350. also, there are good deals on arcerytalk.com's classifieds. of course the classifieds on iowawitetail should be the first place to look

I personally would forget about buying a certain "brand name" bow and get one that fits and feels good when drawn. There are literally hundreds of new bows on the market today that are excellent equipment priced well under $400. JMO

Martin has a few bows under 400 dollars that shoot very well. I have a year old prowler that i think I paid around 300 for. I have shot a few other more expensive bows but for my money I'll stick with my prowler. Very quiet, long brace height(forgiving, easy to shoot), and only like 33" axle to axle. JMO, but there are a lot of good, inexpensive bows out there, find one that fits and feels comfortable, and go with that.

Here's a link Hunters friend to a website that I think has some reasonable prices on ready to shoot packages. I've never bought anything from them and don't know anyone that has so I can't vouch for them. The downside about buying from the web is your local pro shop would probably charge you for helping to set it up right if you need help.

They also have alot of good information about bow's and archery in general. I thought it was helpful anyway.

Check out the UltraMag by Hoyt. Stats looked good. I think you can buy it with the XT2000 limbs for under 400.

I think that any bow that fits you is the best bow. The only ones that I shot under that price range is the ultra mag and a Martin, but anything that flings arrows is a good start.

i would say check high country and like releasehunter said martin phantom II. back when i bought my high country(2 1/2) months ago i shot just about every bow out there and both of these companies make outstanding bows for under $400. try the martin phantom II or the high country power force. i elieve the power force has been dicontinued, so you might get it at a discounted price. good luck

The Hoyt Reflex would also be a good choice and you may even want to check out some PSE bows.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a nice Parker fully loaded with a rest sights and arrows for $300 sounds like a winner to me
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

beerchug.gif
My choice too for the $.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom