Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whisker Biscuit???

Bowhunt

Junk or good? I have one friend I have seen use it. He lives in Montana and does alot of stalk type hunting for antelope, and says it works great on whitetails also. I am thinking about trying it, because I do not like the arrow falling off the rest all of the time and this looks like the cure.

I used to have the problem of arrow falling off but I went to a Muzzy Drop Away rest and love it. I don't like the looks of the whisker biscuit, it looks like it would affect arrow flight but I have friends that use them and like them. Just my thoughts.

beerchug.gif

go to any board (including this one) and run a search on whisker biscuit. you will find MANY people who love these things. you will neve worry about an arrow falling off the rest again. probably the most discussed archery accessory ever made

I bought one before this season I really liked it. I'm not a real experienced bowhunter, but I was able to shoot good patterns with it. The best part for me was while hunting I never had to worry about my arrow coming off the rest. To a beginner, that's just one less thing to have to think about when the opportunity arrives.

I think the biscut is a great hunting rest. It can be hard on your fletching though. This can be cured by "front tacking" the vanes or feathers. Just put a very small drop of fletching cement on the front of the fletch to help secure it better, otherwise they peel off after a lot of shooting.

For deer hunting it is pretty hard to beat. I can set my bow right in my lap and the arrow is secure and i have no troubles grouping arrows ou to 40 yards. So unless you are going to play howard hill and really lob some arrows out there i find it hard to beat in most whitetail hunting situations.

Competitive Target shooting is of course not what we are talking about here.

26404-archer[1].gif

good choice if looking to find a reliable rest! Have to pay attention to it though; i accidentally got som water in mine and it froze in a cold morning on stand. Luckily i found it before any deer found their way to my stand.

The 2004 whisker bisquits have newer softer bristles (B2) and are apparently easier on fletching and clearance. This pro was shooting bullet holes: link

Thanx Tomo! I'll look into the new 2004 biscuit my next trip to my dealer!

my dad used one last season a liked it,if I go back to a compound thats what iam getting also.

anybody interested in buying a used one? my new (used) bow came with a zero effect, and i think i'll try it. i would sell my whisker biscuit for $30, plus shipping (probably a buck or 2) couldn't be over a hundred arrows shot through it, just like new

You'd be better off selling the zero defect and keeping the whisker.
grin.gif
Just my opinion.
cool.gif

I've just seen the effects of a cust. trying to set up a Zero. Not a pretty sight. Besides, you could by 2 deluxe whiskers for the cost of one Deffect...uh effect.
smirk.gif

Like someone said above it is a great hunting rest, however don't plan on shooting hundreds of arrows through it unless you plan on refletching your arrows. I have not had any fletchings peel away but I have had my feathers pulled out. Other than that I love mine.

Sounds like DJ must a got smoked by a few 0-effects in his day to have that resentment.They may be a cuss to set up but they are a awesome rest.....

The whisker biscuit is a good choice of rest for hunting situations, but it does have a few downfalls. You're shooting into friction so you're going to lose about 5-8 FPS off of each shot, and you're probably aware of they damage it does to your fletching. I'll let you in on a little secret. Get a hair-dryer and turn it on high, and for about 30 seconds rotate your vanes through the hot air. After you've got the vanes warm, immediately stick them under cold water and they will straighten back up. I know it sounds a little funny, and i was sceptical at first too, but if done right it really works and you can save yorself few bucks too.

Top Bottom