Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Whitetail Showcase" - sponsored by Grundy County Conservation Board

G

The Grundy County Conservation Board is sponsoring a fun event on Saturday, February 9, 2002 at the Grundy County Heritage Museum in Morrison, Iowa. We're calling it the Whitetail Showcase. It will be a mini-classic with exhibitors, the IDNR's poached trophies on display, a measuring demonstration and antler scoring all day, videos, to name some of the things. We are encouraging hunters to bring their mounts or racks for display on our "Wall of Whitetails".

What time will this start? And will there be any ribbons given away to the biggest bucks?

The event runs from 10am till 3pm. We will have awards for the tops in each category and lots of door prizes. LeRoy Everhart's shotgun non-typical deer (shot in 1969, fell from the top ten list after 1991)is now part of the Grundy County Museum collection and will be on display. We want to encourage hunters to bring in their trophies for display - everybody loves to look at deer!For more info., check our web site www.grundycenter/grundycountyconservation and check events.

Thanks for the headsup on this event iowawhitetail and the details buckfever. I plan to make the short trip to the sprawling metropolis of Morrison. I'll bring a typical 9pt. rack that I've always wanted to have scored and hopefully my sons and I can learn the fine points of scoring a rack.

Just got back from attending this event today. It was well attended and lots of racks were brought in. They were still scoring when I left. I think one buck brought in scored 196 and change. Sorry I don't have any more details on it than that.

Don Storjohann, of Garwin, IA had his collection of broadheads on display. Had more than 800 broadheads there and he has more at home. Very impressive and he appears to really knows his stuff.

This event really has me excited to check out the Deer Classic.

Top Bottom