Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wicked tree saws

Ishi

PMA Member
I finally got tried of going thru a couple of cheap saws a year. The blades either bend or break or don't cut so I was at Schells in Des Moines and bought one. It will save me money in the long run and they are tough so to the Wicked crew thanks fo a great product.

Last year at the Iowa Whitetail Classic the IBA booth was across the aisle from the White Knuckle Productions booth. The IBA's Spring Banquet speaker was Melissa Bachman. Part of her contract was to be at the IBA booth for a couple of hours on Sunday. She ended up staying all day because she was that great of a person. I'd like to say she stuck around all day because I'm so handsome and debonair but I know better. She went across the aisle to look at the Wicked Saw and bought three of them. She said it was the best saw she had ever seen and she is not a "brand loyal" hunter. I thought that was a ringing endorsement.

I know another hunter that owns one and he swears by it. I don't have a Wicked Saw because I'm too cheap to replace the Hooyman saw that I have. When it breaks I'll buy a Wicked Saw.

Todd takes some heat on this site from time to time but from what I've heard the Wicked Saw is the real thing.

Last edited:
I do like mine. I am not sure if it is the sharpest saw out there but it is very durable and it gets the job done. I think some of the saws with thinner blades may cut a bit better but the wicked saw is built to last and I doubt there will be much need to ever replace it.

Kratz

I can take you to a shrub on one of the properties I hunt and show you a cheap blade snapped off embedded in it. :(

I bought a Wicked hand saw and have been using it around the farm, orchard and hunting. With all the use and abuse, it looks and cuts like new. I carry it with me on the majority of my hunt and hang missions.

wicked

have broke 2 hooyeman saws,replaced with 12 ft wicked, good saw,
durable,could maybe be a little sharper.pretty happy with it so far

You wont beat wicked for the price. In terms if a hunting/shooting lanes/ brush clearing saw they are top notch. There are other pole saws on the markey that will do what the wicked does a bit better but they are 3× the price!
I just wish todd would make a wicked chainsaw chain, id buy a dozen as a guinea pig.
Ive honestly beat the crap out of my first wicked handsaw and i cant get it to break, its still going strong!

I bought a wicked hand saw and bent the blade about 1-1.5 inches from the tip after about my 3rd time using it on a branch less than 3 inches diameter. It still worked but was not all that impressed with the blade. I did like the handle as it will never break. I lost it after the first season and did not really find it any better than the others. I ended up buying a Corona 8 inch razor tooth saw at Lowes and so far it has been the best saw I ever bought for $20. I have cut more big stuff this season with this saw than any saw I ever had and it is still like new. I don't see myself going back to wicked any time soon for the hand saw.

I may look at the pole saw though as it looks pretty slick. I wish it had a pruner for the little stuff that is hard to get a saw on.

Silky and stihl will continue to rule the market in terms of pure workhorse applications but ive used and abused my wicked pole and handsaw for treestand usage and have no zero complaints.
If i did mess up a wicked saw im sure that todd would back it up 100%. Just shoot him an email

The number one complaint I hear about the wicked saws is that they are not sharp. Just wondering here, could the blade thickness be the difference rather than the sharpness? I have not used very many hand saws, but the ones I have used have a MUCH thinner blade than the wicked. Thinner blade equals less cutting surface and should be easier to cut assuming the sharpness and tooth angle/layout is the same. Not sure if that's entirely the case, but it sure seems like it could be in my opinion. I do have a wicked hand saw and its fantastic! I would love to get one of the pole saws sometime.

I second Liv4ruts comments. But I did get the blade replace for free by Todd and I do think it is a great saw. Not sure that I am convinced it commands the premium price tag but it is a high quality saw and they back them up.

I've been using the same 10 dollar big game saw for 5 years. Never cut with any other brand so I can't compare but there's a reason for that.

I like the saw overall but I do agree that others have cut faster/better. I've only had it for two months but is seems very durable and fits the hand well. The blade does seem thicker than some other saws which seems like it would help durability but not be as efficient going through the branch/limb/shrub.

Overall I do like it and can't see myself having to get a new saw anytime soon.

Funny that I see this thread today. I was putting up two new stands because high winds this summer created some new bedding areas and I wanted to wait until deer were on there fall patterns to determine placement. Anyway I was using my wicked saw that I've hard for 3 years and it was doing exactly what it was suppose to. In my rush I left it laying at the base of the first stand. I had two spares that I was forced to use on stand number two. Well I had one blade snap and one handle break before all was said and done. So I went back and got the wicked to finish the job. It's not the sharpest but it takes the abuse I put it through and keeps cutting.

I haven't used wicked but I have used silky tree saws. It's incredible how sharp those silkys are. I've cut myself twice by simply dropping the blade on my hand and leg. Is venture to guess you can't find a better manual saw than those. They are expensive, but it cuts your work time way down.

Hands down the best hand saw I've owned. It fits great in the hand, easy to use and extremely user friendly. I've cut a lot of stuff with it over the 2 years I've owned it and I will say that the blade does need to be replaced if used frequently. But lets be honest can you really expect it too last forever?? I've used it to build blinds for duck hunting, I'm used it to cut up small pieces for a fire in the back yard and I even used it to dig a frozen antler out of a creek bed.

Three Wicked saws, hand saw, 6ft, 12ft all are amazing, will not buy anything else. Haven't had any issues with the blades being sharp. They are pricey but worth it. Also Todd and his customer service is top notch.

Top Bottom