Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Widespread?

I watched the radar on my phone all weekend. Minn and Wis, got the widespread stuff. Iowa got hit and miss. Was quite good from Quad Cities down to Oskaloosa. also I saw some good coverage in SW-IA, but a lot of Iowa,,specifically around DesMoines,,dust settler at best. More chances this week! We can hope. My little 40,,around.4 and I consider my self lucky.

The only thing "wide spread" about the rain we got in central Iowa this weekend was the distance between drops. I would guess about 10".

We lucked into some on the IA border...came down good for a bit. Could have rained 4" in 10 minutes without any runoff from all the cracks :D

Yea I saw that band in east central Iowa Sunday morning on my phone. Just north of me down in Wapello. I kept yelling come down HERE! It didn't listen. Been trying to get my plain old RYE outta the ground for 3 weeks. Never enough to penetrate the dust layer. Well there are more chances coming,,but who knows where it will go?

As many can tell on here I am getting paranoid-anoid! I have been trying to get food plots going in my part of SE Iowa for the past 6 wks. I have some rye that's been waiting for 4 wks in dust. Last week the three counties just below me got poured upon, just a few miles away, I got .2, Last Sunday I was down there couldn't find any rye seed. It must have sprouted and dried up. Sat nite Sunday was supposed to be the big rain! Sunday morn rain of up to an inch was just in the counties North of me. I ran out and replanted rye. I got .4 with a dust layer below my rye,,no go with that. today big area of steady rain around DesMoines and down in Kansas City,, nothing around SE Iowa. Weather Service even took away the supposed 70% likely hood tonite. Now Thursday is the day. I give up,,the weather service is nuts,,and I still can't get some rye outta the ground!

Top Bottom