Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Windy and Warm.... Argh!!!

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Did anyone see more action than I did today.... saw three deer first thing this morning in stand...... nothing rest of day until dark..... two bucks a hundred yards away chasing doe.......

It was so windy all day today at times I felt like I was going to blow out of the tree! Not the best conditions for daytime early rut activity........
frown.gif

Iwas west on I-80 today just past colfax when Iseen a nice buck crossing the river at 11:30am that ran through two picked bean fields.Seems like you always see the nice ones at the wrong times.Sure made me feel like skipping the rest of the work day,and sit in my stand!

I shot a real big 10 pointer about 10 this morning but aint been able to find him yet, gonna look some more in the morning
frown.gif

Nothing but a doe and three fawns for me. I was so confident going in but the bucks just didn't want to move. I thought for sure the last 30 minutes of light would be dynamite but nothing but skinheads. Time to try a few of my other stands and see what's shaking. Maggs.

Cornfed,

I am seeing alot of buck movement in the morning until around 9:00 AM, usually by then most bucks have found hot does and have them pinned down in there beds. After a few hours I am seeing bucks back up and moving again to the next hot doe.

I gotta agree in the afternoons, windy and warm isn't fun but you gotta go this time of year because bucks are covering lots of ground. Stay close to your does and you'll see a shooter.....just a matter of time now.

Horst,

Good luck finding your buck! When you find him take some good pics and send them in to us, we'll post.

TLH

110802.jpg

My "backyard buck" on 11/8/02 - Photo by TLH

I had an awesome day!!!!! I had 4 nice bucks come in as they chased a doe. I took a friend with me, and we got it all on video tape. We have some awesome footage! I all so watch a nice 8 point tend a doe out in a bean field. But my friend didn't get it on tape, because he was tapping another buck. The biggest buck came in with in 20 yards, but I couldn't get a clear shot. It is the second time I've seen him. The third times a charm! Im guessing he's a 12 or 130 class deer. We had one awesome day!!
Good hunting.

Jason

Top Bottom