Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WINDY morning gobbler

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Well I decided to give it a whirl this morning for a couple hours before work. I couldnt sleep very well so I decided to just grab my gear and hit the woods and maybe grab a nap in the blind before daylight, I was set up and ready to go by 3:30am, and still never got that nap let me tell ya that makes for a LONG DAY. The last few times I was out scouting and hunting Monday they were starting to gobble by 5:30am and hit the ground about 6:15am so when I looked at my phone and realized it was already 6:30 and I had not heard a single gobble I was gettin a little dissapointed and decided if nothing happened by 7:00 I was packing up and heading to work, had to be there by 9:00 anyhow. About 6:50 I started cutting and yelping pretty loud and aggressive and there it was the first gobble of the morning, but it sounded a LONG ways away and it was coming from a nasty valley so my hopes werent all that high. I hit the call again and got a response only this time I could tell there were two birds in the bottom, I sat quietly for the next couple minutes waiting to see what might happen. At about 7:05 I started cutting again, and BOOM there they were 60yds behind me gobblin and struttin but they couldnt see the decoys because of the blind. So I started just purring and clucking as they slowly moved around the set up till they could see the decoys, once they saw them it was a race to the finish, but they stopped and started strutting again at 27yds, and I thought heck that'll work and put stompin on the only one I had a clear shot at. The second the arrow hit him he dropped strut jumped straight up in the air landed on his side and was stone dead not even so much as one flop or kick. His buddy hung around for a couple more seconds then hit the road. Sorry for the pic quality it was a solo mission and I was in a hurry to dress him and get to work so all I got was a pic with my phone in the driveway

25.5lbs
1" & 1 1/8" spurs
11" beard

4-16-2008_gobbler.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">25.5lbs
1" & 1 1/8" spurs
11" beard
</div></div>

Wow!! Congrats!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hoofline.gif

Nice bird, Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Details Here!&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Top Bottom