Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wing thing

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

Cooter

With the DSD strutter having real wings I was think man I really dont need something else to pack in.

So I was thinking about making it so the wings fold up and here is what I came up with. I know its not rocket sience but there is only one thing that is:D

This is the raw prototype but I think this what Im going with something like this.

It only has 5 feathers because thats all I had laying around.

IMG_12561.jpg

Unfolded
IMG_12571.jpg

What do you guys think will it work?

I bet it will. Is there anywhere that you can buy wings? because i never have kept mine, i suppose i could just find some strays laying around if it comes to that.

LOLOLOLLOOLOOLOOLOLOOLOLOLLOL! Thats facebook talk for Laughing out Loud! OMG! LMAO!

Originally Posted by Limb Chicken
Of course not! Every tom is going to know those are not primaries!
WHAT??? I said they were feathers I had laying around. Im not tearing my wings apart till I get the strutter and see how everything fits

IBA LIFE MEMBER

Today, 02:53 PM #5
Cooter
Trophy 120

Limb you know you want to do the same thing

IBA LIFE MEMBER

So Ive still been tinkering with this even tho Limb hurt my pride a little:D

This is what I have come up eith so far.........and yes they are still not primary wing feathers I still havent grown the nuts to cut up the only two wings I have.

IMG_12591.jpg

IMG_12601.jpg

Then I was dealing with the dilemma of on a case to carry them in. Was thinking of using one of those Plano indevidual draws that fit in tackle boxes but couldnt fine any long enough. I needed at least 18" one but could only fine ones as big as 16".

Than I came across this beauty in the shed. Was a gift a regift at that I was told. Yes I am a bit of a pack rat.

I think its gonna work perfect,it even has four holders for the stakes:D

IMG_12631.jpg

All thats left is getting the deke and making sure it all fits together.

Man!! Thats alota work for a turkey!!! Your gonna have to use your truck to haul it all! Great thinking and all ! But .......Damn ! it's a turkey!!

Cooter, I got a set of wings I saved last year if you want them. I don't forsee a DSD strutter in the future this year for me. Just let me know. I am in Coralville right now, and my ole mans place is by muscatine.

Yeah it seems like a lot going on but its gonna be easier to pack than a full tail fan and a pair of wings that are fanned out. Especially when I hunt by my self.

Thanks Liv I'll keep that in mind if this don't work:way:

Yeah it seems like a lot going on but its gonna be easier to pack than a full tail fan and a pair of wings that are fanned out. Especially when I hunt by my self.

You might not have to hunt by yourself if you did'nt have all that stuff to carry!!!!!!!!!:thrwrck: :D:D Just goof'in on ya Josh!!:way: Sooner or later your gonna hit on a Idea that will make you very rich!!!!:way: Just remember I am your pal!!!:D:D:D:D:way:

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom