Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

winneshike country

Trout23

Anybody knwo of any good pubic land around decorah, i go to school there and need some ideas as to where to go and dont know any one who has private land.
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

AEB, Coon Creek would be a good choice from what I hear. There's some state land up by Highlandville but the name escapes me right now. Should be able to find what you're looking for on the Ia DNR site I'd suspect.

I'll turn this one over to Moosehunter, he'll be able to help.

AGS

depends on what you want to hunt. just drive north out of freeport along the upper iowa and you'll find several public hunting area's there. deer, turkey, coyotes, and of course small game. west of decorah there's cardinal marsh, just north of ridgeway, and that area would be better for upland game or ducks and geese when thier in season. but that place holds deer too!

allamakee grand slam is right, go to the iowa dnr website and they should have public hunting listed there.

or you might call the winneshiek county conservation officer. he's a heck of a nice guy and i bet he'd be more than happy to recommend an area for you. his name and ph. number is on the iowa dnr site also..............
waytogo.gif

WalMart sells a great book that shows public hunting areas all over the state. Well worth the $18.

Top Bottom