Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wintergreens

SaskGuy

Anybody know anything about them? Are they a glorified product. I like the thought of something that withstands the cold.

I've never planted that brand in particular but i'm pretty sure that they are a mix of various brassicas(rape, turnips etc.) I'm sure someone knows the specific varieties that they use. All of the brassicas will stand up to snow and cold very well and you can purchase them through company's like Welter seed co. at a fraction of the cost compared to the pre-packaged brands like winter greens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kurtish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've never planted that brand in particular but i'm pretty sure that they are a mix of various brassicas(rape, turnips etc.) I'm sure someone knows the specific varieties that they use. All of the brassicas will stand up to snow and cold very well and you can purchase them through company's like Welter seed co. at a fraction of the cost compared to the pre-packaged brands like winter greens. </div></div>

What he said! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I have used wintergreens the last 2 years and the deer love them. I started with maximum from biologic and they seemed to work well and I think they are a good product but the wintergreens were hit earlier and heavier than the maximum. After the last 3 years I will never not have some brassica on my place come fall. I don't know if they are any better than other brands of similar products but I do know they work extremly well for me and the deer are still feeding in them every night even though they have ate everything but some stems. I also liked the pure attracton product for early fall. I have tried many brand names of different products over the years but I will say the whitetail institutes products have worked well for me over the past few years as I have killed my two largest bucks in the last 3 years and my brother has got his best two bucks the last 2 years. This is all on a 220 acres farm with 120 acres row croped and the rest is my playground to plant trees and food plots. Just my opinion on these products.

I believe delar small burnett is the principle ingredient in the wintergreens mix. I planted a small 1 acre test plot this last year, not the wintergreens, but bought straight delar.

It's too early to tell how well it will do, it is a perennial and apparently takes a few years to get a real good stand. The deer have been using it late season, but with standing soybeans and corn around, it hasn't been getting hammered by any means.

Sorry I can't offer anymore insight, for me, the jury is still out on it.

Small burnett is the main ingredent in the extreme food plot mix. Wintergreens is a mix a several varities of brassica's.

Top Bottom