Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Worked Hard

tracker

Life Member
I was able to travel south this weekend and do a little hunting in a new stand. I have evidently placed this thing on turkey interstate 80. These birds were passing through all the time, but unfortunately they would pick me up before I could get my bow in my hands. It is amazing how easily they can get you from an elevated stand. I could have probably taken one if I would have set up in a blind, but was there for deer mainly and a blind really isn't an option. I know where someone will be sitting this spring....

I literally hate turkeys when I am bow hunting deer!!!
mad.gif

If a deer had their eyesight you may never kill one from a treestand!
blush.gif

Turkeys have natural preditors from above and they can pick you out of a tree faster than anything.

Putt, putt, putt.....
evil.gif

When I see turks from my stand I just hope they don't feed in my direction...

I know exactly what you mean! The past three years I have bought a turkey tag just incase I may get lucky and get a shot off. However, the past three years I have been busted every time. It seems like every year I get a flock of turkeys within bow range while I am whitetail hunting, and I think it's only a matter of time before I catch one off guard. Maybe i'll get lucky on a really windy day or something of that nature
laugh.gif

I heard it said once that if turkeys had a deer's sense of smell, we'd never kill a turkey. You gotta give those birds credit, they have great instincts and are very wary most of the time. I think what Ghost said is very accurate, death often comes from above for turkeys, so they are attentive to their surroundings on and above the ground.

Top Bottom