Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WOW!! WHAT A MORNING!!!

outdoor

Well, my frind has never been turkey huntin so this year he got a tag and licens, so we went out this morning hoping he would shot his first. Well,we had a perfect set up and i knew this was the day for him. Notin' happend for one hour and a half and I knew something was about to happend. Quess what......... it happend there wasa monster hen that came down for the side hill and I think mabe a tom or something else becuz she kept on looking back. We didnt nothice her until she was about 30 yards away! She hung around for about 15 minutes and then she left back up to the side hill. Boom! after she left Gobble, Gobble there were THREE MONSTER TOM coming our WAY!!! I has more excited than I have been before! I knew this was the bunch that we would shoot at, so finlay they were in the range of shoting. There were two old gobblers and one middle age gobbler. The biggest one of the bunch was what my freind shot at. But, before he shot at the MONSTER we watch a couple of other hens come down. HOLY CRAP I WAS MORE PUMPED THEN ANYONE!!! So my friend got the gun out and was ready to fire, so he did. Waiting to the turkey to drop; The look on my friends face was so upset. He said "Tyler the shell is died!!!!" OMG That a new shell too, so I slowy got out another one and he cock the gun and BOOM!!!! The shell fired this time but the turkey got away!!! Dang I thought we would have had him. But he was 30 yards away and it was the first time he ever shot at a turkey so I had fun and so did he!!!

That turkey was about 26 lbs+ and his bread was about I say 10" or so. he would make a good wall hanger!!!

Hey 20.... I'm sitting here reading your post about your morning with a big smile on my face
grin.gif
... I can't wait for my boy to get old enough to take with me, I want him to share in the excitement, just like you felt this morning. Tell your buddy congrats from all of us here, I'm glad you were able to take someone else out and teach them a little something about the turkey woods, Good Job! BE SAFE young man... and have fun!

Way to go guys. Don't forget to have you buddy save the spurs, don't have my first set cause I didn't know any better and threw them away. Congrats to both of you.

AGS

Top Bottom