Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WOW!

ironwood

I took Curly out this AM for a short youth sit before school and the Toms where everywhere. He had three at 23 yards with four strands of wire between us. They never crossed the fence for a clean bow shot but it really got the juices flowing. Watch for pictures.
grin.gif

That sounds exciting, I think it is a long term good thing for youngsters to not "get one" immediately. It can help them appreciate things more and the lasting effects of the anticipation factor are immeasureable. I am sure you will have no trouble getting him up tomorrow AM!

Good luck this weekend, sounds like great fun for father and son!

This morning must have been a good one, I went out for a listen myself and have never heard so much gobbling at one time. I did end up seeing 5 strutters in one field and saw 2 more 300 yards another direction. But they all had alot of hens with them.

I also had my brother out for youth this weekend, and I, also, have never heard so much gobbleing, sunday morning was amazing, called one in to 20 yards and had a fence in between us, but he stayed there for a good 15 min at full strut. I think my brother "hate's" turkeys now.

Well I was so sure we would put one in the bag and it just wasn't to be. The birds where very quiet after coming off the roost all weekend. I did mange to call in two jakes late Sunday morning as we switched to runnin and gunnin. I had my brother and his boy in tow as well and the birds came in behind us. As the two boys tried to get turned, for the shot, I hoped for a double but the cover and situation just did not allow it. My nephew did get a shot off but he only broke a wing and we failed to recover the bird. This kid is a great shot and I am sure the shooting position he was in would have been very hard for any one. Bottom line, fun was had by all and I am very tired after three days of chasing turks morning til night.

[ QUOTE ]
I am very tired after three days of chasing turks morning til night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am right there with you. Being out there at 5 every morning had me beat.

Top Bottom