Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

yote hunting

BWHNTR0808

After talking to a buddy that bow hunts the same land that I do and hearing a a group of mutts tore up his doe he shot . I talked to the land owner and got permission to go in after deer season and shoot some yotes the problem is I've never done this lol. I have access to a ar-15 223 with a real nice scope on it but that is far as it goes. I'm looking for info or maybe someone to go with me and show me the ropes

I always like waiting until a clear night with a full moon and snow on the ground.. setup upwind where you think theyll come from and watch your flanks because they will try to circle downwind of you.. you can get a cheap rabbit distress mouth call or buy an electric call.. i use the call for about 15 seconds and then sit and wait for maybe 5 minutes and then use it again.. if i dont see anything in 15 minutes to a half hour, i move

Depends on what type of ground it is. If its flat timber then probably the best way to kill them is to do a push for them. If it has valleys and such then calling is the best. If its open area with sloughs then I would try to spot and stalk.
The easiest way to kill a bunch of coyotes is to trap them though. Either do it yourself or have an experienced trapper come in and set a bunch of snares.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I first tried coyote hunting last year. It can be VERY difficult. After probably 30 sets last winter, I had called in 4 yotes, shot at none, and obviously killed none. Yotes are very smart. They come in in unexpected places. They don't like to run across open fields if at all possible. They prefer the cover of darkness but its not too hard get one at dusk or dawn. It's not rare for them to come in pairs. Etc etc. I bought the cheapest foxpro for $200. I regret not gettin the next step up. Some people also use some kind of visual aid, like a feather blowing in the wind or something that looks like a distressed animal. The colder the temps, the better. Also the further from deer season the better. Right now, most yotes have there stomachs full of deer organs and they wont be very responsive to calls. You will have better luck about a month after deer season ends. Also, yotes don't stop to think when they sense something is wrong, they turn and run away just as fast as they had come in. Unlike deer, yotes are predators and they have very keen senses. I would venture to say that they are one of, if not the hardest animal to hunt. Lastly, I would be willing to go with you. I think we only live like 10 minutes apart.

Top Bottom