Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

You Gotta Be Careful.......

G

Not a fun topic to bring up but we care about all our members and wanted to make sure this was brought up before things get hot and heavy.

Anyway, a Michigan bowhunter was found dead last week after falling from his treestand some 20 feet up. We realize this happens every year but want to post this article as a reminder to make sure you check and use your safety belts.

MichiganHunterFalls

Good Hunting and Be Careful.

ImagesBuck.jpg

Iowa Whitetail

A WI bowhunter fell 30ft to his death in early sept while trying to hang a stand in a tree 30ft up.He was not wearing a saftey belt.

i apologize for the ranting and raving right off...

it's too bad more people don't have more common sense, the other day while working at Scheel's a guy wanted to see our safety harnessessess. i showed them all to him and recommended the full body one while telling him how the others were "back breakers" or "rib breakers". he said to me, and i quote:

"i think i'll pass, i don't plan on falling anyway"

to quote dr evil in austin powers i said:

"riiiiiiight" followed by "i don't plan on getting hit by a drunk driver man but it could happen, anything can happen, buy the harness"

he bought a chest harness instead of the full body, he may end up with busted ribs IF he falls and he may think i'm an a-hole but at least he's wearin a harness right?

falling sucks, i know, what's really stupid is i've fallen twice. lightning can strike twice.

WEAR YOUR BELTS!!

Its kind of weird that this article shows up here. I just moved to Iowa but Im origionally from Michigan. That guy that fell was hunting not even a mile from my house. I didnt know him but I have hunted the area my whole life.

Got one of your back breaker harnesses too, looking to up grade to the full upper body harness, the leg straps seem like they might get a little bulky in late November with all the other clothing. Anyway, I love it for hangin stands. You can just lean back and work on it. Never leave the truck with out it now, probably would get into the stand if I forgot is. Just have gotten to used to wearing it. Besides, now I can fall a sleep and not fall out of my stand.
grin.gif

Oletom, I have a seat o the pants full body harness, and it's no problem in the winter with heavy clothing. I put mine on over my first layer, put my outer layer on and just pull the strap to hook to the tree up through the back of the neck area and you are good to go. This also works the same for rain gear.

I quit wearing the "safety belts" a few years ago and went to a "full body harness". OSHA has issues with the belts and so do I. Plus, most people using the belts wear them in the wrong spot which is around the waist.

Here is link to another lesson in what not to do. I cannot imagine how this could happen. All hunter safety courses preach to know your target and what's behind it before you pull the trigger.
http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/news/stories/20021007/localnews/237146.html
mad.gif

Top Bottom