Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

You might be a slob hunter if...

H

hershy

...I was in a typing mood and decided to have a little fun with a burr in most our backsides...slob hunters...obviously we need to take these threats to our sport seriously, but every once in a while its good to laugh at their stupidity...it helps us from going mad and keeps in focus the real things that attract us to the sport of hunting...here is a list of a few slob hunters I have witnessed or heard about...feel free to add to the fun with your ideas and observations...

You might be a slob hunter if...

...sighting in your equipment involves seeing the first deer of the season...

...you think your gun or bow gets more accurate at long ranges as the size of the deer's antlers increase...

...you think gaining permission to hunt private land includes tearing down the 'No Hunting' sign or at least shooting it once...

...you buy a deer tag for your dog...

...you don't know whose land your hunting on, and your not even sure what county your in...

...your treestand was made by Ford, Chevy or Dodge...

...you kid your hunting buddy about being a lousy shot and he replies, "I'd be a better shot if you'd slow the truck down more!"...

...your buddies all wear blaze orange flak jackets...

...the last deer you shot that wasn't running was on a bright yellow sign...

...you consider a long hunting season to be hunting both Saturday and Sunday...

Here are a few:

...you accidentally spilled your 40 ounce beer in your truck while shooting at a deer.

...you go hunting because you're too drunk to fish.

...if you've ever shot your gun and said, "I thought I saw something move."

The first one ...sighting in your equipment involves seeing the first deer of the season... really hits hard! I was in a arguement just last weekend on another forum with a guy that was telling how he bought a new muzzleloader, didn't have time to sight it in and went hunting the next morning. He said he missed a buck. This idiot actually could not see that he had done anything wrong. I let him have it and the sad part was that another idiot stuck up for him. They both tried to make me look like the bad guy. Slob hunters are the lowest forms of life! They are not members of the family of man! I feel better now. Thanks for the post. Jay

It's a real "treat" to be in a major sporting goods retailer the day and night before opening shotgun season. You have people buying shotguns saying things like " well it should be sighted in close enough to kill a deer though, right?" and they buy a box of slugs and walk out. I loved the social aspect of shotgun season, but unfortunately did not enjoy being shot at by people like that...

How about this one. You might be a slob hunter if...you assume you have permission to hunt there because it's been a couple years since you were last told to stay the hell out!
or you think it's ok to drive in there because the ruts you left last year in the guys field are pretty well healed over.

here are a couple

if no one is home that mean you have permission.

if there is a place that you know you can't hunt, just wait until sunday morning watch them leave for church, just as good as permission.

I have to relate to Double Lungs post with the comment on the wonderful and well known "Slob Hunters" we all have in and around our favorite hunting spots, My favorite one that was given to me after I had questioned a gentleman who had given him permission to hunt my land, his reply "Oh the farmer guy 4-5miles down the road...
Slob hunters think if they go out hunting and ask 1 property owner permission to hunt theyre set for the season to hunt the entire county, uh this isnt true. This just goes back to the local paper in my town in which our local CO wrote an artical about the number of citations given this deer season. I tell you what guys its getting to the point its embarrasing to call myself a hunter, because those of you dont ask permission to hunt a certain piece of land before you cut the fence and drive onto it, and those who buy deerstands at the local truck dealership and have the gall to call yourselves hunters or sportsmen are giving the ones with morals and good ethics a terrible name and image.

Top Bottom