Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your "Best Overall" Hunting Boot

Rudd

Life Member
O.K., I have used Lacrosse style rubber boots for the past 10 years while bowhunting. When it was extremely cold I wore pack boots in the stand. I owned Rocky's Corn Stalker style boots but am concerned with sent control and have heard many stories with cudos on the all rubber sole boots. I am thinking of purchasing another pair for early-mid season used only for bowhunting, I will use the boot blankets with handwarmers in the late season. Weight is another concern of mine. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Have you ever wore your La Crosse Burlies in late season? They have the air sole in them which allows for the air to warm and keep your feet warm as well. It helps to put a hand or foot warmer in each boot too. I have wore these boot tree standing in below zero weather and my feet have stayed warm. No need to worry about scent with the boots either.

I have been pretty satisfied with Rocky Stalker 600's for an all around boot. Never really noticed a scent problem.

But I have my old reliable Lacrosse Burlies for fording and when I don't have to walk too much. I do have a little problem with the price of Burlies since they became "sportsmans" boots instead of farm boots.

Oh well, pay to play...........

Lacrosse Burlys 800 grams of Thinsulate, and Danner Elk Hunters, 400 Grams of Thinsulate. Love em both!!

I got a pair of Rocky Cornstalker O1's last year and absolutely love them. Lightweight, yet warm enough for cooler weather and cool enough for turkey hunting. I also love the almost clear camoflauge soles that they have. They are a little expensive...but well worth it.
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

T boot I hae found to be the best for me is the Cabela's Outfitter Series boot. Warm and comfortable.

Danner Trophy hunting boots are my best boot I've ever owned hands down. The stitch down sewing on the soles is unbeatable. Danner doesn't stitch through the GorTex like Rocky does so they tend to last longer and stay waterproof longer on average. Danner's new Pronghorn series have are looking mighty smooth, I bought a set of 400 grainers a week ago or so, they should be arrivingin the mail soon, hopefully before deer season!!

If I am not wearing my burlies I am wearing my Rockies, the last pair I opted for the Bear Claw with 1000gram thinsulate. Like wearing a pair of tennishoes they are so light and comfortable. You don't even notice that you have then on, almost like being bear foot in the woods. Love them for out west crawling those mountians.

I'm a big fan of my Rocky Bear Claws while out walking around or pheasant hunting, they are a great boot. But if I'm bowhunting I always wear my full rubber Rockies, they are very warm while you are motionless in the stand and you can't beat rubber boots for scent control in the stand and especially walking to your stand. Every advantage helps.

Thanks for all of the great input. I have narrowed it down to 3-4 Hunting Boots: Cabelas Bruin, Cabelas Master Guide and last but not least Rocky Bearclaws. All weigh between 3.7lbs and 4.4lbs, I now have to purchase another pair of the old faithful Lacrosse Burlys ( I see now they have a treestand model that allows you to use heat packs in a pocket on the top of the boot-anyone tried them?) Thanks again for your assistance.

I just picked up a pair of Rocky Bear Claw 2 yestarday, they are considerably lighter in weight than the Original Bear Claws that I have owned for a few years. These new boots might get to be a little warm though, 1000 grams thinsulate will make a great sitting boot but will be warm during a walk. In my opinion you can not beat a good pair of Rocky's

Good Hunting to all......Shoot Straight

I have found that Lacrosse boots with a removable liner works best for me. The trick is to dry your liners every night. You would be amazed how much difference that makes. I also put a heat pack in between my socks and liner. Just my 2 cents worth.

Top Bottom