Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Bow for Her!

oBIGBUCKDOWNo

As a fan of not only Hunting, but Archery in general, I immediately became extatic when our daughter came home from school explaining that her P.E. class has introduced Archery and that she really liked it. My mind immediately jumped into high gear! Since her birthday and Christmas are coming soon (Early January), I figured why not get her a bow and all the goodies and maybe she will spend a little more time with me and less with Video games and computers.

So the question I have is, what do you guys recommend for youth bows and arrows?

Few things to note....

Shes 12 y/o.
Shes super skinny and not too strong.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We upgraded our 8 year old daughter this summer from a Diamond Nuclear Ice to Hour Ruckus. She loves it. Overall, I think its a better youth bow than the Diamond Razor's Edge, which was my original plan. She's pulling 26 lbs at 8 years old and its adjustability is great. Ruckus is definitely worth the look.

mathews craze. adjustable from 15-52 pounds, drawlength is hugely adjustable also. not cams or limbs to switch out. $269 at scheels. she will be able to shoot it now, and WELL into her deer hunting years

mathews craze. adjustable from 15-52 pounds, drawlength is hugely adjustable also. not cams or limbs to switch out. $269 at scheels. she will be able to shoot it now, and WELL into her deer hunting years

This is my suggestion as well..

Just figured Id mention the Craze is a Mission bow..made by mathews, but you wont find it on mathews' site

Parker bows have good youth bows. Easy draw length adjustment, from 18" to 28" if I remember correctly. They also have several models that they have in a program called "Grow With Parker." As your child out grows the bows draw weight, you can send it in for $50.00 they will put the next heavier draw limbs. My son has one that goes from 20-40 pounds. Will be able to send this in after he maxes this out to get the 50-60 pund limbs.

my vote is for the bear apprentice. It is lighter in mass weight 2.6LBS and has a smaller grip than the craze. It is just a smaller bow in general. I like the mission craze, but my daughter is scrauny and needed a lighter mass weight bow. The apprentice is very adjustable also 20-60 pounds and 15-27 inches.

Last edited:
Diamond has a new bow out called the Infinite Edge. 5-70lbs, 13-30" draw, and 3.1lbs.

And it comes in a cool girly pink camo pattern! I bought the Diamond Edge for two of my kids and they are adjustable from 30-60lbs. The new Infinate Edge seems even better and I will be investing in one for my third child.

If you didn't know it, Bowtech / Diamond has a great program in that if your child completes the 4H Archery program, send in their certificate and you can get the Edge for a little over cost. When I did it the bow was $350 and we got the bow shipped to our door for $190. It has been two years since we've done it so it would be worth looking into.:way:

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up going with a 46" recurve for my daughter, and tryin to get my fiance into shooting, which the Infinate edge would be perfect for her. Thanks again!

Top Bottom