Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Hunters

Ghost

Life Member
I thought it would be great to share some photos of young hunters or future hunters. The future of our great sport is in the hands of our young hunters and I can't express enough the importance of everyone doing their part to pass the tradition of hunting on to the next generations. My dad has never hunted in his life and I was fortunate enough to have someone take me hunting and teach me about the outdoors and ethical conduct. While there are many ways to support the future of our outdoor sports, sharing this love of the outdoors with a kid ranks the highest in my book!!!

This is my son at age four....he's now seven and quite a little outdoorsman. He keeps asking me when "that Lady" will be finished with his 6 pound bass mount.

Share some photo's of your youth hunters.

Ghost

Attachments

• 24683-Gabebuck.jpg
    24683-Gabebuck.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 9
My daughter last year after I shot this turkey. She was so happy to finally see one up close. She was just 18 months in the pic. I am going to take her with me this spring in the Double Bull blind in hopes of seeing a strutter up close. All she wants for her B-day(3 years) is a new bow and arrow so she can shoot with daddy and Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 24704-clip1.jpg
    24704-clip1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 10
here's my deer i harvested during 1st shotgun season. I was my second deer and my biggest to date. We had it scored and it scored around 109"
grin.gif

Attachments

• 24928-Deer.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 9
I posted this photo and story after the late muzzleloader season, but I don't usually pass up a chance to tell people how much I love hunting with my youngest son, Taylor . . aka CamoKid. In late December, he took this doe at 70 yards with a perfect shot from our Knight rifle. I had the very short hunt on video right up to the moment of the shot, then things got crazy (okay, I got crazy). For his birthday this April, Taylor is getting his own Knight rifle, so we won't need to share a gun this year. I've said it a few times before, and I'll be saying it again: if your kid(s) want to go in the woods with you and maybe even hunt, don't miss the chance. They are moments to be treasured. My daughter doesn't want to hunt, and my older son hunted with me for a couple seasons then lost interest. I have found other great things to do with both of them. I suspect I have a hunting buddy for many years to come, but even if his interests change, I will be thankful for these fun times and memories.

Attachments

• 24929-Taylorsdeer.JPG
    24929-Taylorsdeer.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 8
Good post! My kids appear to be older than the others on here but my son is still my #1 hunting partner. My daughter used to like going fishing with dad but she's now 16 and thinks it isn't "cool" to hang out with the old man. Enjoy them, spend all the time you can with them because they grow up way too fast. It's been fun watching my son mature into the hunter and outdoorsman he has become. Here's his deer from last rifle season. Jay

Attachments

• 24930-Chris buck 02 2.JPG
    24930-Chris buck 02 2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 13
Well I'm hopeless at this whole picture thing (maybe Muddy the picture-posting-master could help me out ) so I'll just have to settle with a link. He's a 2 1/2 year ten point that field dressed 200+ lbs. Dad and I got him by still-hunting a willow thicket during the youth season.
andera_nate_and_deer.jpg

Does anybody else think it looks like I have two thumbs on that left hand?
offtopic.gif

lets try this again
wstupid.gif

Attachments

• 24945-My Deer.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 8
I got my new Camo Iowawhitetail hat from One Cam last week and Hunter had to make the black one "Hunter Sized" Momma took the pic.... Looks like I have a future addict on my hands!!
grin.gif
Guess we can go to rehab together
grin.gif
waytogo.gif

Attachments

• 25328-Mvc-023f.jpg
    25328-Mvc-023f.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
hey husker, seems Hunter got his good looks from his mom. another year or two he'll probably out weigh ya too!!!
busted.gif
busted.gif
busted.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif

Easy now moosehunter
wink.gif
surely its not my month for getting picked on yet?
confused.gif
Which reminds me who was next on the harassment list?
grin.gif
grin.gif
offtopic.gif

Top Bottom