Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Hunting

S

swampwright

Hello I've watched the forums for awhile now but just joined. Well anyway i'm wondering about youth deer hunting. Im taking my nephew deer hunting for the first time this fall he is going to be 10. He is ready he can shoot 2 inch groups at 75 yards not bad for a kid. My question is, is he the only one that has to have orange on? I believe I have to buy him a deer tag and i have to have a hunting license is this correct. Any other info would be appreciated. Just want to keep us legal. Thanks, Cody :way:

Yes, you have to buy a deer tag for Youth and you have to be with him the entire time otherwise it's NOT legal. But he doesn't need a hunting license I believe, if you're hunting your on property. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

He will not need a license, but you do. You both have to have orange on if hunting with a firearm, and also orange on a ground blind I believe, if you are using one.

You need his social security number to get his tag and you have to have a hunting license. I think you both have to wear orange and if you are in a ground blind you need a 1 square foot orange square on each side of the blind.

Thanks guys we will be hunting out of a ground blind and will be getting orange for the sides.

You only need the orange on the blinds if you're hunting during the regular shotgun seasons. If you're taking him during youth season or early muzzleloader, you don't need them. Good luck...you're going to have a ball :way:

NWBuck

Can a youth hunt with an liscened hunter on another persons property? Does it have to be your own land?

Can a youth hunt with an liscened hunter on another persons property? Does it have to be your own land?

Yes, they can hunt with any licensed hunter, and only one youth hunter per licensed adult on ANY property. If you are on your own land neither of you need a hunting lisc., only a land owner tag in the childs name. :way:

Top Bottom