Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth question?

Bukslayr

Iowa law says that if your youth season tag does not get filled during youth season, you can hunt early muzzleloader, 1 shotgun season, or late season muzzleloader.

The question is "if you hunt early muzzleloader can you carry a shotgun as a youth hunter?"

Thanks in advance.

I would hope so.... just for your sake. But I could see why it should be fine and also how it could be an issue. sorry i have no real info.

i would think "no". i would think you should still have to use the gun for the appropriate season.

I think a youth hunter can go all three until they fill or dont fill their tag... But that is somethin i would like to have cleared up!

Just talked to a DNR officer.
If a youth hunter hunts any other season they must follow the rules of that season. Therefore he can only carry a muzzleloader for early season.

Thanks for your help guys!

waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just talked to a DNR officer.
If a youth hunter hunts any other season they must follow the rules of that season. Therefore he can only carry a muzzleloader for early season.

Thanks for your help guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes sense to me from a stand point of all the dishonest people that are out there, i know that myself and most generally other people would follow the rules but since there are idiots out there that would probably take thier kid out and use their shotgun to hunt, and claim that their kid is using the gun if anyone checked them....just my thoughts on why it ruled that way

Top Bottom