Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season Extension

I was reading the rules and regulations book today! My little brother and i went youth hunting last year... i filled my tag and he ate his...

I dont know if its always been this way, but If a youth hunter does not take a deer during the youth season, that youth hunter can take his youth tag to the early or late muzzleloader seasons or one of the two shotgun seasons..

I think this is a great idea! My little brother only wanted to go youth hunting and fill his tag and was never able to! I like how this gives the youth hunters a chance! Just thought i'd point it out!

[ QUOTE ]
I agree i hope the dads out there are ethical enough to not cheat the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt.. i agree 100%.. I hope every kid who gets a tag can nail a deer! My bro is goin for #1! I wnana get it on tape!

I like it, because I'll be taking two boys out hunting this year, and miss a good part of youth season because of my bear hunt. It will be nice to carry it into early ML, or even late ML if necessary. Very excited about getting these young men on their first deer.

I also have two boys, 12 and 15, to take hunting this year, so it is really nice to have a tag that is that flexible for the kids. I think it is a great idea. My younger son is heavily involved in club soccer and I am not sure how often he will be able to go anyway, so the flexibility factor is key.

IMO whatever dads are going to cheat the system and misuse a youth tag are going to do what they do anyway. The potential for wrongdoers to do wrong doesn't register as a biggie with me. We need to recruit kids to hunting and this tag is a really good way of doing it.

I agree . It is a great deal for the kids to get a second chance on a youth tag. Last year one of my youth sons ate a tag but we moved right into bow season after that. I guess I dont understand why the tags aren't transferrable into an archery tag, Why only the gun seasons?????

Also I'm not really clear what you mean when you say they can cheat the system.

confused.gif
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Also I'm not really clear what you mean when you say they can cheat the system.

confused.gif
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably referring to them using it as another buck tag for themselves.

I agree that the people who would do a stupid thing like that would prly just do it anyway regardless.

One more week and hopefully some brutes will be showing up in the harvest forum.
waytogo.gif

Overall I think it's a good idea to let the youth extend their season, I just hope Dad remembers that junior doesn't have much if any experience in party hunting, during that early shotgun season and if junior is going to carry a gun maybe Dad should leave his in the truck. Don't want a youngster making a mistake that would live with him forever.

it would be really cool if the kids could hunt all the seasons.

Also I was referring to people buying youth tags just to use them as shotgun buck tag..oooh party hunting
shocked.gif
But people that do that kinda crap probably dont worry much about tags anyhow.

i really like it...being 15 and this being my last youth season to hunt....i'm sad it was only put into action for this year. it will give me a chance to get out in the timber more and hopefully give me a shot at a large, "unsuspecting" buck. if not, i will always have my dad buy extra antlerless tags and i'll do my part in keeping the population down. it's still hunting, and usually just as fun, whether it's a doe or a buck.

I'm taking my 11 year old youth hunting for the first time this year. I think this is a great deal he has soccer games one day of the weekends all season.This way if he doesnt score he can use his tag later.

Top Bottom