Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season in the field report.

bowtech150

Backstrap Assassin
Was thinking this morning, it would be cool to hear how everyones deer hunts are going kinda like a Facebook update or twitter thing. So like what time you are seeing deer, how many deer, funny things the deer are doing. What kind of different animals the kids are seeing, funny things they have said in the blinds etc. I don't know how many people will do this, but I think it would be neat to hear the things these youth are experiencing. Goodluck to you youth hunters.

Sat out this morning, (just got back) I didn't want to sit in this spot all day because I know they won't be there. Had a doe at 20 yards and a fawn at 15. Had this small buck at 30 yards and man was that a rush!
12135-sunp0869.jpg

Also had these two guys plus a doe and another buck 125 yards away then they ditched into the corn! I was shaking so bad by this point and they weren't even infront of me. I'm getting ready to head out to my stand on my bosses place.
12135-sunp3409.jpg

My 9 yr old Abby (everyone is callin her Abby Oakley now, bc she can shoot!!) , just scored!! Her first buck, nice 7pt!!!! Hard to say who is more pumped her or me??? Bummped 3 big boys out of a 100yd wide crp drainage, they stopped, we were scrambling to try n get the scope on em before they stepped in the corn, no luck.. she was a little disappointed that she didn't get a shot, I told her we will see plenty more deer.. about 10 seconds later her buck stepped out, 80-100yds broadside just looking at us, she squeezed off a perfect shot!!! Ran about 20yds into some really THICK briar, didn't stop her from gettin in there n putting her hands on him!! She is so proud right now, she took a doe first 20 min of season last yr n said she was gonna hold out a few days for a buck this yr, persistence paid off!!! I'm sooooo ready for Oct 1 lol... I'll post pics when we get home..

Yep, she is definitely hooked!!! Won't be long n my 3yr old will be joining us on hunts.. she already wants to go, especially since older sis got a buck.. they both love everything outdoors just as much as dad!!!

Top Bottom