Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Tag?

spinefxr

PMA Member
Am I correct that a youth under the age of 16 doesn't need a license as long as he's with a licensed adult? Do I need to just purchase a tag for him on my license?

Under 16 he just needs a valid tag in his or her name. You will need their social security number and that will put them in the automated system. All tags will then be in their name. Oh yeah and need to be with a licensed adult.

I belive a "youth" (Under 16) can hunt the later gun seasons, and purchase a tag for that season only while they are legally on sale. A tag for the youth season, (special season) hunt has to be bought during the youth season, but can be used for any firearm season after that if not filled during the youth season. And Scottonbuck is right, just a tag needed for the apprpopriate season, i.e gun season 1.
Hunting License and/or pay certain fees:​
1a) Residents under 16 years old​
who
hunt under the direct supervision of their properly
licensed parent, guardian, or other competent
adult with the consent of the parent or guardian do
not need a Hunting License or pay the Habitat or
Migratory Game Bird fee. One properly licensed
adult must accompany each unlicensed hunter
under 16 years old.

1b) Residents 12 to 16 years old​
may hunt
without adult supervision, but must have a Hunting
License and must have passed a hunter education
course (see p. 8 for hunter education training
requirements). Fees are not required.

Persons exempted under 1a) or 1b) must
have a Deer and Wild Turkey Hunting License
to hunt deer and wild turkey.​
2) Military personnel that

This is from the DNR website, see pg 10 of the regs. Here is a link. http://www.iowadnr.gov/law/files/huntingregs.pdf

Go to iowa DNR homepage. If you are hunting on your own property, I'm under the impression that they don't need either as long as they are with a legal adult. Correct me if i'm wrong. That's only on your own property.

Top Bottom