Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Update

Ghost

Life Member
Well, if experience is equal to success then my daughter had a lot of success this past weekend.

Saturday morning we had a doe at 35 yards. The doe was quartering to us and she shot right where she was taught. Long story short, she hit a bit too far back and she gained four hours of tracking experience only to come up at the end of a blood trail. Tough luck! The entire hunt and track job was on video thanks to Silvertip! Thanks again Brian!
grin.gif

Saturday night we hit the bean field in the Double Bull blind and watched 9 deer out of range from 6:00 until dark. Shredder was the video man that night. Thanks Ryan!
grin.gif

Sunday morning was quiet with no deer being spotted.
confused.gif

Back to the stand last night. Video man (Shredder) in a Lone Wolf, my son in a Lone Wolf, and my daughter and I in the buddy stand below. We had a doe at 30 yards walking down a trail that went behind us. After getting all turned around, I stopped the doe in what I thought was a perfect opening with my voice doe "Blatttt". I'm telling her "shoot, shoot, shoot" while Shredder is right on her with the video. No shot and the doe blows out of there. She looks up at me and says there was leaves in the scope...
confused.gif

I think she is more determined now than ever to put one on the ground...that's hunting!
waytogo.gif

Experiences like that are sometimes better for a youngster than being able to go and and shoot a deer in 20 mins. I'm sure she learned alot. Keep up the good work.
waytogo.gif
I can't wait for those days with my kids.

The time out in the woods with dad is just as important as the actual harvest of the deer in my opinion.
I will not ever forget the hunts last year with my daughter, it does help to have them on dvd for when I get really old though
smirk.gif

Great experiences though Ghost. It sounds like you guys are on em and it will only be a matter of time.

Good luck to your daughter and yourself.

Waukon1

That sounds like a great weekend. My huint with my nephew was quite and uneventful but his brother did better with his dad(check harvest report). After dad finished with one boy I was releaved of duty.
frown.gif
What a blast to be out there with the young hunters. I am looking forward to your girls harvest picture and your sharing of the rest of this seasons experiences.

Sounds like lots of action, it will happen for her I'm sure. Tell her "chin up" it happens to all of us.
grin.gif

Sounds like lifetime memories are being made in the deer woods. It doesn't get better than that. Keep up the great parenting Ghost.

Neighbor just reported they went 2 for three on Sunday night, they still have 4 tags left. No bucks have been seen yet although they watched one field with 40 deer in it at 100 yards.

Sounds like she's getting a great start, hope my girls show as much interest as they get older. My taxi's kid shot a 188+ nontyp sixteen pointer on Saturday.

Sounds like things are getting interesting. I'm sure it exciting for all of those involved with a young one. keep us updated.

Sounds like you guys had a blast bud, I'm glad someone stepped up to the plate with the camera.
frown.gif
I'll be looking forward to seeing some pictures from next weekend!!
CRITR

Thanks Erin and Ghost for letting me be a part of the hunt. It was pretty neat to get to watch the two of you share the experience together. Folks, let me tell you....Erin did a great job. Not only did she lead the way to the stand in total darkness, but she also picked up the blood trail a few times when Ghost or I lost it. She is gonna be a killer for sure. Good luck to all you yutes.
grin.gif

CamoKid and I teamed up with Liv4Rut to try and find the 'Kid a nice deer. Had a great time, but no shots were fired. Three bucks came out about 45 minutes before dark, and Taylor passed them because of their size. The 4 and 6 pointers sparred right in front of us - that was fun to watch. The 8-point was a bit bigger, but a little smaller than the deer he took last fall, so he let him walk. Looking forward to this next weekend.

Top Bottom