Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Z7 Magnum or Heli-m

jkratz5

Well I may finally be converted, I have been shooting bowtechs for a number of years now and am in the market for a new bow. Unfortunately after shooting the Insanity and the Invasion I am not overly impressed as was the same with the D350.

With that in mind I started shooting the new Mathews line. I disliked the M-6 and M-7 very much but then shot the Heli-M and the Z7 Extreme, the Extreme is just way to short for me at 28" ATA, even though it was a shooter. I did like the draw cylce and how dead both bows were in your hand, hands down the quitest bows I have shot in a long time. I could not find a Z7 Magnum to shoot, looks like a bow that I would be very interested in with similar specs to Heli-M but a longer ATA (32" vs 30") and a bit shorter in the brace height (which is why I am really intersted in hearing about the bow). Just curious if there is anyone out there that has shot both the Heli-M and the Z7 Magnum and if you can give me an honest review.

I appreciate your help.

Kratz

I haven't shot the Z7 Mag but I've shot the Heli-M and really liked it, still too short for me but it held and shot awesome, good back wall also with the draw stop. I used to own a Reezen 6.5 which is the same specs as the Z7 Mag, and I honestly really liked that bow. It was pretty jumpy but I shot it good.

I really like the Z7 Mag. Great bow. Even though it shoots really nice, I did not care for the Heli-M as much. Way too much creep for me, but I think they have made some adjustments to the draw stop to help with that. Good luck!

I know you asked about Mathews and my experience with my Z7 I had, then shooting the Heli-M is there is way too much creep and a spongy backwall. One slight twitch and the thing wanted to go. I am an Elite guy now because of the back wall. You can stay drawn forever and they are just as quiet as the rest of the high end bows. Good luck finding a new bow!

Shot the Answer the other day and really liked it. It is now in the mix with the Z7 Magnum. Shot it with the smooth mods and bow had a great back wall and was still a rocket with a 7" BH.

I know you asked about Mathews and my experience with my Z7 I had, then shooting the Heli-M is there is way too much creep and a spongy backwall. One slight twitch and the thing wanted to go. I am an Elite guy now because of the back wall. You can stay drawn forever and they are just as quiet as the rest of the high end bows. Good luck finding a new bow!

Top Bottom