Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

90% junk!!

Crockett

PMA Member
Seems like most of the reviews on T-cams suck!! Bushnell, Cuddeback, Moultrie!! More bad then good! Anyone got a cam that is tried and true that works ! I wont hang $500.00 from a tree in Iowa!! To many sportsman!! Any of this junk work like it should??????????

I heard Primos has a new camera that sounds pretty good. Its a direct competition to the bushnell trophy cam. If it does everything it says, it should be a good cam. But yea, I'd wait for a review from chasing game on it first.

I have owned just about every brand of camera out there with the exception of the Bushnell, and I can HONESTLY say the moultrie D55's are great! Easy to use, great picture clarity, better than average trigger speed, and great battery life. 79.00 a piece is also attractive if you don't want to spend 500.oo on a cam. With that said though, if you truly want a great cam you might have to hang a Reconyx, any of the lower priced cameras are that for a reason! When it comes to trail cams, the old addage "you get what you pay for", usually holds pretty true. Give the D55's a try, I think you'll be pleased.

i agree with dedgeez on the d55's even though i bought the d55 ir's still a great camara and the price was nice! alot better then my moultrie i-60's where i always had to reset the time and date when it dipped below 40 degrees

I have 2 Cuddeback Capture IR's, and they are by far the best I have used. A little pricey, but easy to use, take great pictures, and extremely reliable.

I have an 09' Bushnell and it does everything I need it to...

Haven't heard great things on the '10 model....glad I got them when I did...

Moultrie D-55 camera's. I have a bunch of them now, and I have owned every camera out there, including the top end high dollar camera. No, the pictures are not as clear as a top end camera, but dang close, and for a 100 bucks, can't beat it.

Also, Moultrie customer service gets an A+++++++++ from me.

X2 to this thread. I have had moultrie, cudde, dlc, and wildviews. The cuddes worked good when I got them. the battery life now is crap and they hardly have any range. sometimes they wont work when I turn them on for 10-15 minutes. The DLC i have had great luck with. I put in 8 AA batteries in June and I still have half battery life in them now. the cuddebacks went out in a month. I set them out in august and at sept 5th the batteries were dead. Like I said...the life has been getting worse and worse. DLC is good, the moultries are good for the money. the wildview i wouldnt buy again. short battery life and hit and miss pics with quality. the dlc has great pic quality. just my 2 cents.

I have about 10 cameras. All from Walmart. you know those 100.00 dollar ones. Well I aint had a problem with any of them yet..wait I take that back..had one down on the river last year when the river went out. managed to get a few pictures of floating logs going by but then it destroyed the camera but left the memory card OK. So in other words I am happy with the ones I have

Ive owned about everything in all price ranges and have been very happy with the Moultries through the years. I base this on not only having them work as they should, but the ones i bought years ago are STILL working great with no issues and great battery life. I run 3 of the Moultrie i40 and i60's year round in our brutal MN winters and not only do the batteries last, but it actually takes pics when it drops below 0 degrees, unlike most cams. That is a true test for me when decding waht to but each year. This year i bought a couple 55ir and have had great luck so far. I also tried 2 of the primos Truth cams 46 this year and have to say that they are competeing with the Moultrie on everything except battery life....I pulled all cams except 5-6 in December and will be putting some back out this weekend, but i always have the most confidence in the cold with the Moultires....

The answers to this question change every year . First it was Cuddeback, then it was home brews, then it was a moultrie(d40 I think), then came the Scoutguard, after that it was the Bushnell,now it will be the next great thing and next year it will be something else.
No offense to anyone, but after buying most of these cams I listed, I am starting to lose confidence in other hunters opinions. It seems that a lot of people fall for the latest and greatest thing every year and want to believe it was as great as they were told. For what its worth, I still like my Vman cams with the p41 and the rest have been pretty disappointing.

Are you guys talking about the D55s with the white flash or the IR D55? Just wondering?

D55 Flash for me. I like the picture quality of a flash as opposed to the IR. JMO

I agree with hillrunner that it is hard to trust peoples opinions on some products, most noteably trail cams. It seems like one guy will have brand A that works great and different guy will have no luck with the same brand. Levels of expectation differ from person to person so IMO each person needs to find what THEY like and go with it. After struggling with Cuddebacks, leaf rivers, stealthcam, predator and Wildgame Innovations, even some of my more expensive Moultries, I strongly feel that a guy will be hard pressed to find a more reliable cam and company than Moultrie. To each his own though.

Are you guys talking about the D55s with the white flash or the IR D55? Just wondering?

I have 5 of the flash, and 5 of the IR, personally I like the flash cams better for picture quality, but the IR's do a fine job as well. The D-55's have suprisingly fast trigger speed for a 100 dollar camera.

Top Bottom