Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tresspaser

Glad you found out who it is.I have a new neighbor from pennsylvania that bought a couple farms around my neighborhood.In the last year he has had a tresspassing problem so he has been sending me pictures of them to see if i know them.On the last group of pictures he had a guy in a pick up truck tresspassing.I showed my wife the picture and the next day she called and said it was parked at the gas station,so i told her to go back and get the plate number.I called him and gave it to him and he called me back later and said that i must have got the number wrong cause that was for a buick.so i went back and checked and the front plate was the same as what she told me but the back plate was different.The front plate was benton county and the rear one was marion county.It should be pretty easy to catch him.At the same time he was tresspassing a reconyx camera was stolen.

Just a thought, was this trespasser a local gent? If so maybe after the CO and you get done with him you could post his name and where he is from so maybe some of the rest of us in the general area can also keep track of him and his wayward ways. It never hurts to spread information about wrong doers, just like America's Most Wanted or the famous KTVO Crime Stoppers.

Just a thought, was this trespasser a local gent? If so maybe after the CO and you get done with him you could post his name and where he is from so maybe some of the rest of us in the general area can also keep track of him and his wayward ways. It never hurts to spread information about wrong doers, just like America's Most Wanted or the famous KTVO Crime Stoppers.

He is from Brighton but I won't post his name until he is cited and it becomes public knowledge anyway.

A guy packin' a $2000 handgun is not likely to fret about paying the fine but he's gonna have a hard time convincing everyone his "trophy" bucks were taken legally...:rolleyes:

Aggravated
Misdemeanor
2 years imprisonment or up to 1 year in jail and a fine of $625 to $6,250​
Serious
Misdemeanor
Up to 1 year in jail and a fine of $315 to $1,875​
Simple
Misdemeanor

30 days in jail and a fine of $65 to $625

I hope the CO nails this guy to the wall! Pay the fine and give up the gun, then find out what auction they will be selling it at and take it home for yourself!

Could that gun be confiscated or would he have to have poached a deer and been caught with it?

I'd be sure to let the CO know the make, model, and description of the stolen ladder stand. While he's doing his investigation he just might get the opportunity to look around the guys place. Another charge and recovered stand would be a nice bonus!:way:

A guy packin' a $2000 handgun is not likely to fret about paying the fine but he's gonna have a hard time convincing everyone his "trophy" bucks were taken legally...:rolleyes:

Thats a fact, no matter what he does from here on out, there will always be a question mark on any big deer he takes in people's eyes.

I do not believe they will take the gun at all, really no need to unless he shot a deer illegally. Think of how many trespassing tickets are written during shotgun season statewide I doubt they took any guns, just give out pretty little piecies of paper and turned on their way. You could however take his boots as he used them to commit the crime.LOL

Glad you caught the guy. Let him keep the gun, if its the model I'm thinking of they have a habit of coming apart.

Update:

Met with the CO who went right to the courthouse and filled out the affidavit to issue the trespassing ticket.

I found out there is more going on (big surprise) then what meets the eye here and have confirmation that another person was involved and my place isn't the first or the only one.

I had sent emails to friends with these pictures and friends sent them to friends and eventually this violator was recognized and he in turn sent a reply stating that he had never hunted there before, was lost blah blah blah.

Unfortunately for him we know all of that is a bald faced lie and he was dropped off purposely to not only walk thru my farm but then next farm and then on to his accomplices trailer....pretty good for a guy that was "lost".

Folks...tell me if I wrong here but...if you were on a road and lost...would you...leave the road, step across a fence, walk by a huge bright yellow NO TRESPASSING sign ...get your gun out and hunt your way cross country for 2 miles???? :confused:

There's only one reason one doesn't wear orange...to violate!! :thrwrck:
I am extremely disappointed that these two guys being well known 3D league shooters who compete nationally and therefor represent bow hunters and sportsman not only in Iowa but nationwide....would stoop to illegal activity....of which mine it appears is the least serious. :(

Wonder how their sponsors will feel about this? Makes you wonder about 1/2 the bucks you see plastered in some ads...the whole thing stinks and the stench is getting worse...

Well I dont care who they are I think they should get the max punishment for this, Its getting really old that some people think they can go and do what ever they want, hope they hang them like they deserve... Thank god for trail cams

Folks...tell me if I wrong here but...if you were on a road and lost...would you...leave the road, step across a fence, walk by a huge bright yellow NO TRESPASSING sign ...get your gun out and hunt your way cross country for 2 miles???? :confused:

Keep pressing charges, he is old enough to know better.

I found out tonight from another neighbor they were attempting to "push" deer from farm to farm to farm that this guys friend owns...like I said then stench just get's worse....:(

Top Bottom