Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tresspaser

This is one of the more intelligent posts on here. Too many of you are so willing to flip the switch on the guy. Shameful it is, you offer no second chance. If I was never offered a second chance in life, I can't imagine where I'd be today. I also want to applaud Dbltree for doing the right thing and forgiving the guy. I hate trespassers and as a land owner myself, have dealt with trespassers. Never have killed one or sent one to jail but did give them the boot and never had a repeat that I know of. Let’s not forget the whole purpose is to keep unauthorized people off your land. Dbltree has taken the necessary steps to ensure this guy won’t be back. The trespasser admitted he was wrong, said he won’t do it again what more could you ask for? We could lop off his fingers so he could never shoot again. We could ruin his life and his livelihood. That would be worse than trespassing in my book. So for those of you that said burn him to the stake I’m ashamed to be associated with you.
How about a hefty fine, and manditory jail time. You may have dealt with tresspassers in the past, but have you dealt with theft associated with tresspassers? You may be one of the lucky landowners with tresspassers that have somewhat of a conscious. I for one; have been dealing with thieves, and poachers. Looping off his fingers is going too easy on them in my book! I not only want them off my land for good; i want to make sure their descendants will never set foot on my land!

This all makes me wish that the native Americans had trail cameras; we would still have elk and buffalo walking around the state, men would hunt and fish all day, and women would clean the game, cook, clean, and take care of the kids. Then the White dog came along and thought he could improve on their life, and trespassed on their property and shot all the elk and buffalo.
I have had guys all of the time trespassing on my land, always making deer drives from my neighbors land and running through mine. It used to irritate the heck out of me, till a guy told me the above story. Like someone stated, to me it just wouldn't be any fun, trying to enjoy yourself while in the woods, worrying about some one catching you on their place.

I for one say drag him, his name, his buddies names, etc. through the mud. I think from the evidence we have in this thread, this was no accident. You don't get across a county road by accident, you don't walk by no tresspassing signs by accident, and you certainly don't go hunt during gun season without orange on by accident. The only thing the TRESPASSER is sorry for is getting caught. I hope he gets what he deserves and learns a lesson about stepping foot on someone else's property. On top of that, I hope he gets put through the ringer for coming on here and trying to make acquisitions against Paul, trying to make it look as if dbltree is the bad guy. Come on, grow up and be a man. You got caught red handed, no need to lie and make yourself look like a further ass hat.

Paul is a better man than I, as I would be posting that image all over Southern Iowa, with his name posted all over it. Paul, glad to see that the CO worked with you and you got this guy. Hopefully, it makes others think twice before stepping on your land in the future.

Kratz

Kratz---Well said I always hate it when somebody does something wrong and on purpose but try to make it out that someone else is the bad guy. I do not know DbleTree but you are so right. He is a way better man than what I would have been.

Being unable to forgive will only rot you out from the inside. The guy was wrong, he got aught, he will pay the price the law allows. He also had his name and reputation dragged behind a truck here on this site, which to me would be worse than the fine. We are living in a new day. Like cedar creek said, I am glad I have been given a second chance a few times. And frankly, back in the day when foxes were $50-$75 and we would go stalk and shoot them every day during January, I wonder how many times I trespassed in any given day. Most of the time I knew whose land I was on. Sometimes I had no idea. Same deal with coon hunting back in the day. I was young and fearless. Looking back it was pretty dumb, but it is what it is.

May the one without any fault cast the first stone. That won't be me. I'd say the guy is getting what he deserves. I am glad I did not.

i have been reading this and found out who one of his neighbors is,also an outfitter,heard dbltree lives in michigan and made himself a resident in the mid 90,s and owned no land and did not work here and hunted here, eventually bought some land years later and still a resident, but lives in michigan 12 months a year,yes tresspassing sux and he was wrong and admitted it but this guy is no saint and even worse.....if your life long member of iowa. think about it..

i have been reading this and found out who one of his neighbors is,also an outfitter,heard dbltree lives in michigan and made himself a resident in the mid 90,s and owned no land and did not work here and hunted here, eventually bought some land years later and still a resident, but lives in michigan 12 months a year,yes tresspassing sux and he was wrong and admitted it but this guy is no saint and even worse.....if your life long member of iowa. think about it..

Okay, I thought about it. Only thing I could think of was that you are a real dipstick for making this your first post. Geeez.

Say what? I am guessing your talking about the outfitter and not Paul. Correct? That hurt trying to figure out what you're talking about.

yes sir, im a bow hunter like you guys, too many people making themselves residents illegally to hunt our iowa deer that we love to hunt.

u guys chek for self, then respond,dont like tresspasing either.but dbltree is no saint, call your warden and have them chek.passing on info given to me by guy that new him when he first came and knows him still.

Top Bottom