Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tresspaser

I got it figured out. According to some potential trespassers on this thread, trespassers prefer Snuggle! So I am going to soap out the trespassers with TIDE!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, asking if I have ever been out of Iowa is a total joke. I have hunted and fished in probably 30 states and a lot of Canada and this is the first time I have ever heard of soaping. I did hear of a guy pouring bleach on a bear bait one time though. Tide is probably cheaper, he probably didn't know about soaping.

You pointing me out? Because if you really are, I will break into your house and do all of your laundry with bleach and the cheapest tide on the market today.

Last edited:
I have been laughing my butt off all day. This thread has got to the point where Tide, Snuggle, and poo are all in the main points of interest.

If anyone wants some poo I have 3 kids in diapers right now, I can ship some to you!

Nanny, we are not Snuggling after we double up opening day, no matter how much Curt wants us too.

Muddy, you better watch out for that Curt fellow.....he's an odd one ;)

Odd one?!! Your the one using Muddy's supplemental poo to deter deer from using neighboring properties!!!:thrwrck:
:drink1::grin:

Soap.jpg

Oh come on, give us their name. This is starting to sound like a dang Batman movie. As long as no one does anything about these violators then yes it will keep happening.

Speaking of trespassers, I checked Iowa Courts Online yesterday, and Goddard's trial is today! :way:
Anybody have an update on how TRESPASSER Goddard's trial went today ?

Trespassing is trespassing. Rather it be in my home or on my hunting property I will prosecute. Letting it go or bargaining after it only invites it more.

I agree that approaching them the first time should be done with a sense of civility even when pressing charges. No need to cause what happened in Wi.a few years back.

Anybody have an update on how TRESPASSER Goddard's trial went today ?

Guilty...paid $147.75

Gene...I'm sorry you made the choice you did that put your through all this, hopefully you learned from this and it won't happen again.

T.H....I hope you split that fine with Gene. I really thought you were a man of your word, that you had the character and integrity to respect other surrounding property owners. If you had you would have insisted that ANYONE hunting with you would respect neighboring property owners. Instead...you put them up to it and let them do your dirty work for you.

I hope you'll give some thought to all of this and work hard to earn respect from neighbors, fellow hunters and your family who count on you to be a leader with the highest morals and ethics.

To the person suggesting we "get along" with violators or suffer the consequences..I have never in my life heard something so absurd. I get along with people, I go out of my way to help others and I am willing to forgive when people make mistakes. I will not however be intimidated by criminals...period...end of discussion.

Thanks to all for helping with this case, I hope and pray it doesn't get repeated. Good neighbors look out for one another and I'll be doing all I can to look after mine and assist them in reducing criminal activity...regardless the cost.......

IMO $150 is not enough of a fine for trespassing. Fine should be at least 5x that amount. I guess I will contact my representative on this issue and give them some real work to do besides movie tax credits, healthy school lunch menu changes, or increasing one tax or another..... Fine is almost like getting a speeding ticket, we need to hit them in the pocket book.

IMO $150 is not enough of a fine for trespassing. Fine should be at least 5x that amount. I guess I will contact my representative on this issue and give them some real work to do besides movie tax credits, healthy school lunch menu changes, or increasing one tax or another..... Fine is almost like getting a speeding ticket, we need to hit them in the pocket book.
Exactly, and that is actually higher than what the tresspasser got charged that i have turned in. If you can't prove crimminal activity with tresspassing; it amounts to a slap on the wrist! You had also better have your land well posted. But then the tresspassers just tear down the signs on my land any way.

Exactly, and that is actually higher than what the tresspasser got charged that i have turned in. If you can't prove crimminal activity with tresspassing; it amounts to a slap on the wrist! You had also better have your land well posted. But then the tresspassers just tear down the signs on my land any way.

From what Ive been told it doesnt matter if your ground is posted or not. If the person enters any piece of property without the express permission of the landowner or lessee it is considered trespassing, that way nobody can play stupid and get away with it. This keeps people from saying well heck I thought such n such owned this ground and he said I could hunt anything he has... it is your responsibilty to KNOW where you are and that you do in fact have permission to be there. Accidents dont matter and also if you choose to follow wounded game armed it is also considered trespass reguardless of where you or the animal was when you shot it.

RUt n Strut it may have changed in the last ten years but the law always read that you had to give a tresspasser one warning, and if you posted your land or painted the fenceposts orange it served as the warning.

RUt n Strut it may have changed in the last ten years but the law always read that you had to give a tresspasser one warning, and if you posted your land or painted the fenceposts orange it served as the warning.

Then yes it has changed, no warnings or anything. It doesnt matter if youre blind and your seeing eye dog wanders you onto the wrong place and there isnt even a fence let alone a sign if the landowner wants there to be charges there will be.

Guilty...paid $147.75

Gene...I'm sorry you made the choice you did that put your through all this, hopefully you learned from this and it won't happen again.

T.H....I hope you split that fine with Gene. I really thought you were a man of your word, that you had the character and integrity to respect other surrounding property owners. If you had you would have insisted that ANYONE hunting with you would respect neighboring property owners. Instead...you put them up to it and let them do your dirty work for you.

I hope you'll give some thought to all of this and work hard to earn respect from neighbors, fellow hunters and your family who count on you to be a leader with the highest morals and ethics.

To the person suggesting we "get along" with violators or suffer the consequences..I have never in my life heard something so absurd. I get along with people, I go out of my way to help others and I am willing to forgive when people make mistakes. I will not however be intimidated by criminals...period...end of discussion.

Thanks to all for helping with this case, I hope and pray it doesn't get repeated. Good neighbors look out for one another and I'll be doing all I can to look after mine and assist them in reducing criminal activity...regardless the cost.......

Is that 147.75 total or 147.75 plus court cost and law enforcement surcharge??? Ive heard that there is a $125 law enforcement surcharge and $50 court cost on top of whatever fine the judge gives you.

Then yes it has changed, no warnings or anything. It doesnt matter if youre blind and your seeing eye dog wanders you onto the wrong place and there isnt even a fence let alone a sign if the landowner wants there to be charges there will be.
I'm dealing with tresspassers stealing on my land again this past year. The first question the sheriff's department asked me was if my land was posted. I've been dealing with tresspassers for almost 15 yrs. I was told from the very beginning that it would be hard to prosecuted tresspassers with out having your land posted.

I'm dealing with tresspassers stealing on my land again this past year. The first question the sheriff's department asked me was if my land was posted. I've been dealing with tresspassers for almost 15 yrs. I was told from the very beginning that it would be hard to prosecuted tresspassers with out having your land posted.

You got a solid plan for this? What a bunch of GARBAGE!! You can prosecute without signs BUT I'd get em. I'd put up 2....
1) No Trespassing without written permission - lock solid on enforcing there.
2) Property monitored by 24 hour video surveillance

I personally back the 2nd up- it's up to you. Spending money on 10 trail cameras, though expensive at 1st, is well worth it in the long run. You need to nail these guys. Let me know if you want ANY ideas!!!!

Is that 147.75 total or 147.75 plus court cost and law enforcement surcharge??? Ive heard that there is a $125 law enforcement surcharge and $50 court cost on top of whatever fine the judge gives you.

Here's how it tallies up so i would encourage everyone to take a moment to send and email to your legislator asking for higher fines of at least $1000.

In regards to signs....they are not necessary to press charges and calling your CO will probably work better then the sheriff department in the future.

COSTS 60.00 FINE 65.00 SURCHARGE 22.75 $147.75

Not to disagree with dbltree, but in reality it's not wether you call the CO or the Sheriff that gets the prosecution. It is the willingness of the county attorney to follow up with the charges. I know of nothing in the Iowa code that says you have to give someone a warning before they can be cited. That's a wive's tale. In our county we cite the without a second thought, but I know a bordering county's CA wants the land to be posted before they'll prosecute. It comes down to how hard of a time they'll have convicting someone. I'm not trying to rag on CAs either-a lot of it has to do with what the judge wants done.

Top Bottom